PDA

View Full Version : IMEI, how to trace ? FAC list ?

AlOn_
24-04-2003, 08:40 AM
IMEI = TAC + FAC + SNR + CD

IMEI = International Mobile station Equipment Identity
TAC = Type Approval Code
FAC = Final Assembly Code
SNR = Serial Number
CD = Check Digit

(clipped from: http://www.tele-servizi.com/janus/texts/imei.txt )

-----

i noticed that most sites (surfing the net) somehow suggest that if i want to trace the origin of the phone i have to look for the FAC code (7th and 8th in IMEI)... however some of it said that it's the 1st and 2nd... well... i'm confused...

my question is... do anyone have any idea about this ? do you have like a list of FAC code ?

FYI,
i bought my 3650 here in singapore
TAC=35XXXX
FAC=60

(maybe you could contribute by replying with your TAC and FAC :) and where you bought it from)

AlOn_
24-04-2003, 08:43 PM
I guess nobody interested :P

ALMOGAVER
24-04-2003, 09:09 PM
...I just don't know how it works.....:D

dj^^
25-04-2003, 04:37 AM
haha..i got another singaporean with mi liao!!!

AlOn_
25-04-2003, 05:06 AM
well... just press *#06# then it will come up with your phone IMEI number... then just post your phone type whether 7650 or 3650, where you bought it... and the 1st, 2nd, 7th and 8th numbers from your IMEI :)
eg. 350000430000000

35 and 43 :)

AlOn_

ALMOGAVER
25-04-2003, 02:18 PM
I KNOW THAT...!?! What I mean, is how can this be used to trace the phone.... Can it be done on an active call?

Sakeb
28-04-2003, 08:49 AM
I think this is only to trace the origin if the fone.
Trace is very difficult and very very restricted to operators. something like IMEI Sniffer.

ALMOGAVER
28-04-2003, 11:07 AM
I see.....
Well, thank you anyway ;)

Sakeb
28-04-2003, 11:21 AM
I really needed to know some more about tracing, cause my office was stolen and they took lots of material and also a 7650 and i would love to get those guys!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AlOn_
28-04-2003, 11:49 AM
actually i was only referring on how to be able to found out where exactly your phone coming from. this will be useful if you want to buy a phone and really want to know the origin of the phone (maybe you prefer to buy something made in finland for example)... however, regarding on how to trace a stolen phone... i still think that it's not really possible... unless you're the phone ISP which have access to the gsm network... maybe they would be able to found out... also... what you could do is to report the case to the nokia center... so they would be able to catch the guy when he showed up with the phone at the nokia center (maybe for repair/upgrade?).... that's all from me... sorry about the misunderstanding here... my bad :(

AlOn_

Sakeb
28-04-2003, 03:02 PM
I understood what you wanted. Here in Portugal, i think tehy all start with 3507......
It is possible to trace fones thru IMEI. Only service providers have it but even so they're very restricted! They can only use with police order!
Some rumours pessed by here in Portugal, of a special "vodafone police force" whose occupation would be trace reported stolen fones and go abd get them, ue unfortunately to me, that really seems to have been rumour!
The usual shits!!

wenmi
28-04-2003, 08:17 PM
call your operator and say:
hi here is officer sakeb and i need a cellphonetrace :-))))

i read about someone who did this (other forum) and they didn't even ask him about any id, ect. LOL and then he sent a letter to them and complained about bad security:D

AlOn_
29-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Kevin Mitnick - The Art Of Deception

a good book with a lot of examples similar to what wenmi said... :D

AlOn_

dj^^
29-04-2003, 10:26 AM
i wonder if we could do this on our cuntry singapore...LOLZ!!!

ALMOGAVER
29-04-2003, 03:02 PM
I use to be in the Police Force, and even for us it was not as simple as to call... We had to fill in a form, and then, within a max of 24h, we got the number, the calls, the begining of the trace.... whatever.

What you can do (and can do it as a normal "user"), or at least you can in Catalunya and Spain, is to call your operator, and tell them to block that phone, which the are OBLIGED to do, after you give them your details, and the IMEI, and they check that it does actually belong to you.

Sakeb
29-04-2003, 04:37 PM
Done!
But what does it go for! It's of no use for me. Only the contemptement that he can't use the fone! I'm sure even like that i could sell it to a sucker!
I really to get him.... Not because the fone, but because of the losses from office and warehouse. And here in Portugal, Police is so fu**en slow.....

ALMOGAVER
29-04-2003, 08:23 PM
I know the feeling....
Then, if you have blocked the IMEI, forget about tracing because he/she will not be anle to use it...........
And, in the worst case, he/she could flash the phones and make up an IMEI so, I'm sorry to have to say: forget about it.