PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Software for Windows XP

Seskin
25-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Which software works for Windows XP?
Rolis isn't working even though I changed the compatibility?
Thanks

Dinger3410
25-04-2003, 02:55 PM
do a search for a program called userport in google, that should help you out..

Dinger :)

aggro666
29-04-2003, 09:24 AM
you can download the userport files already @ www.xp-workshop.de.vu :cool:

fast_boy_slim
29-04-2003, 08:12 PM
i have windows xp home with service pack one, i also have another pc on windows xp home (but no service pack). the computer without SP1 (service pack1) flashes fine as soon as userport is run on the machine. the PC with SP1 will not communicate with any phone via the LTP1 port even with userport running. without getting rid of sp1(as this is difficult as it is integrated into the windows OS) how do i go about flashing phones on this computer???

please help....any responce will be received greatfully.

thanks

:::BlueIce:::

gkagg
29-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by fast_boy_slim
i have windows xp home with service pack one, i also have another pc on windows xp home (but no service pack). the computer without SP1 (service pack1) flashes fine as soon as userport is run on the machine. the PC with SP1 will not communicate with any phone via the LTP1 port even with userport running. without getting rid of sp1(as this is difficult as it is integrated into the windows OS) how do i go about flashing phones on this computer???

please help....any responce will be received greatfully.

thanks

Hi,

have a check in your PC's BIOS to see if the LPT1 is set as ECP printer port. If not set it yourself and see if there is any solution to your problem...
BTW I have WinXP pro with SP1 and Rolis works gr8 with Userport enabled...

Cheers

fast_boy_slim
29-04-2003, 09:07 PM
ta much, i'll try that and post my results

thanx again

fast_boy_slim
29-04-2003, 10:07 PM
i set the LTP1 port as a ECP printer port in the bios as suggested but it makes no difference. i load up rolis 4.78b6 try to read from phone, and the phone and PC wont communicate, and it wont even start to read. the bios settings are identicle in terms of ltp1 port setup (i am sure) to my other machine which runs everything ok. Any other suggestions

thanks again

GeeZuZz
30-04-2003, 01:48 AM
I'm in the same situation.

On my computer the display adapter is causing the problem.
When I install the display drivers, userport/rolis don't work.
If I uninstall the drivers, it works fine. I think there is a conflict between display adapter and the LPT port's I/O adresses, but event though i changed them it did not work.

Vyrus Débar
30-04-2003, 12:10 PM
hmmm seems lie theres quiet a few threads on this subject... time for me to join the boat :rolleyes:

I upgraded my old machine from win 98 > win2000 > win xp pro...

after using userport and setting the compatability options for rolis flasher it all wrked well...

however... on my new system which has windows xp pro sp1 and all other updates rolis doesnt seem to work... it just sits there waiting for me to power on the fone.. when i do nuffing happens.... the fone jus powers on fully insted of just ignition and then the flash progress... its not the LPT port which is mis configured or that user port isnt wrking correctly.... I concluded this from the fact that xpmobile (based on knok) does the job... how ever id prefer to use rolis like before...

flashing with win xp and rolis is much faster (when it wrks)

so if rolis dnt wrk theres always knok as a back up....

still wud be great if there was sum sort of fix

gkagg
30-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Has anyone of u tried to flash the phone under WinXP SP1 with rolis but disable the compatibility mode? As I said earlier I have XP Pro SP1 and it works gr8

Vyrus Débar
30-04-2003, 12:21 PM
what do u mean disable compatability mode... as in run it under windows xp and not under win98/ win me...

rolis usualy givs an error message saying "this softwear not run under win 2000"

edit:

hmmm... just removed comapatability mode on rolis... ran the program a cuple of times.. recieving the varios error messages... however now running it no errors have proped up... as of yet... still have to test

edit 2:

my bad... errors are back :rolleyes:

fast_boy_slim
30-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Vyrus Débar

however... on my new system which has windows xp pro sp1 and all other updates rolis doesnt seem to work... it just sits there waiting for me to power on the fone.. when i do nuffing happens.... the fone jus powers on fully insted of just ignition and then the flash progress... its not the LPT port which is mis configured or that user port isnt wrking correctly.... I concluded this from the fact that xpmobile (based on knok) does the job... how ever id prefer to use rolis like before...

flashing with win xp and rolis is much faster (when it wrks)

so if rolis dnt wrk theres always knok as a back up....

still wud be great if there was sum sort of fix

Vyrus Débar , i have exactly the same problem. knox works ok, but rolis wont work. i get exactly the same happening when u try to read from the fone. surely there is a solution to this? some one?:confused: HELP!!

At present i have to run rolis in compatibility mode for 95, or 98/me.

GeeZuZz said in another thread that the problem is to do with the ATI radeon display drivers??? are there alternative ATI drivers? i really dont want to have to uninstall the drivers on a new new machine when i can use the older system running on XPhome (no SP1) (and no ATI graphics card, it has a geforce II). its all another pain in the arse...

...damn bill gates for his attempts to make our lives harder. keep things simple i say: that way they perform better! (but aren't as profitable)

?Are there other bios settings for display or otherwise that can be changed?

must be something we can do to get rolis to work on newer machines

lastly....Vyrus Débar, what graphics card are you running? this might help to count or discount (partly) the ATI theory

thanx to anyone who responds

Vyrus Débar
30-04-2003, 07:45 PM
@ fast_boy_slim...

your rolis works when runnig in compatability mode??? if so then ur ok...

even when trying mines in compatability mode it just sits there..

:eek: now i rember reading GeeZuZz's previos thread...

:eek: no chance in hell am I uninstalling my ATI RAdeon 9700 pro (:D ) drivers ... if its between games and using rolis whilst i can still sue knok... i choose knok ( and the games of course...)

hmmm good thing you braught up the subject bout GeeZuZz's previos thread...

so i guess it is the radeon drivers.....

3 people with this problem so far... makes sense to me....

my old system dint have an ati radeon...

my current system does... and has all win xp pro updates insstalled as other people..

so it is the drivers for the radeon...

GeeZuZz
30-04-2003, 11:02 PM
To other's with this problem: Try to uninstall you display drivers (even if you don't have ATI).

Reboot you computer, and make sure that the driver is not loaded (you'll notice when you drag a window back and forth fast - it will be really slow if the driver is not loaded).

Then try to run Rolis (not in compatibility mode - only userport activated).

Post your results... I just want to know if display adapters is the cause.

mogo
03-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Yes,looks like the problem is really with ATI drivers.I just uninstalled it,and Rolis Flasher and Userport both worked normally.When I used to have an old motherboard with on-board video,I didn`t have such a problem.
I have Radeon 7000,LPT-port is ECP.Rolis compatibility mode is not activated.

Vyrus Débar
03-05-2003, 11:58 PM
rolis requires u to run it in compatability mode on win xp and 2000... otherwise it givs u such errors.... "This softwear cannot run in windows 2000"

cnt be bothered to uninstall my display drivers.... rather just transfer all my nokia related programs onto my old win 98 machine...

GeeZuZz
04-05-2003, 02:19 AM
No, you can't use Rolis in compatibility mode. The program will load, but freeze when you try to flash (when "Press powe button shortly" appears).

Vyrus Débar
04-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by GeeZuZz
No, you can't use Rolis in compatibility mode. The program will load, but freeze when you try to flash (when "Press powe button shortly" appears).

rolis will work in xp with compatability mode enabled... otherwise it will give u various errors....

are you trying to say that it'll work on a computer with ati radeon display drivers installed when not set in comapatability mode?

Sam_digital
04-05-2003, 04:00 PM
u usin a laptop or desktop ?

Sam_digital

Vyrus Débar
04-05-2003, 04:01 PM
desktop

shanesam21
10-05-2003, 03:45 PM
could some 1 please run me thru the procese of sorting out the user port as i dont have a clue?

sorry if i sound thick:p

Vyrus Débar
10-05-2003, 04:19 PM
place userport.sys in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS... then run userport.exe... hit the start button in userport... then jus close userport.... u can delete userport.exe if u want... leve userport.sys where it is....

richcorner
11-05-2003, 12:17 PM
I was about to install XPSP1 today its just that i dont have a floppy to load my back up to , now that i read that flasher has a tendency not to work , maybe i'd just wait for posts on how to make the flasher work. My flasher works fine if i run userport, my problem is my Noktool it takes a long time to read and it freezes sometimes (on XP) it s ok in Win98,i got interested on SP1 update because it states that it can resolve incompatibility issues, i thought it would solve the problem ! C'mon guys CHEER me up will yah ! Please show and clear the way !

richcorner
11-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by shanesam21
could some 1 please run me thru the procese of sorting out the user port as i dont have a clue?

sorry if i sound thick:p

If you already installed user port and its driver do this :
Click START , RUN , type userport,Click OK you will see userport window pop ! Click RUN on the window then click exit .
Browse for userport driver on the WEB if you want to have more info. Look for Windows 2000 support page .

Vyrus Débar
11-05-2003, 01:02 PM
run nokia tool in compatability mode... ive installed sp1 and all other update... when i say ALL i mean ALL... nokia tool wrks fine... rolis dosnt as it seems to have problems with ati radeon drivers.

richcorner
14-05-2003, 10:50 AM
M8 Vyrus , May i know , what features are added in your Xp since you updated with SP1, or at least what is the main benefit . I'd rather use KNOX instead of ROLIS AND update my computer if you suggest that update w/ SP1 is better ! Im used to Rolis but i cannot compromise proper operation of my system by not installing an update ! What do you think Guys ?

Vyrus Débar
14-05-2003, 12:05 PM
ummm not really sure but it was a major update... its now sp1a... best place to check wud be with microsoft... and users have posted that rolis still works with sp1 installed... my rolis doesnt seem to wrk due to ati radeon drivers as geezuz pointed it out.. he had the same problem as with anothe ruser... seems like its only ati radeon drivers causing such conflicts...