PDA

View Full Version : Help with Unlocking V60 & PST



changrs
26-04-2003, 09:29 AM
I've been trying for days at unlocking a GSM V60 locked to
Cingular. I do have a USB cable and laptop runing Windows ME.
Just recently got a hold of PST ver 2.8.7.9.4 which says its for the
v66 and I have a v60 GSM so I don't know if it makes a differance. The PST program also had the USB patch file ment for windows 98SE. I was hopeing to flash the phone so it would unlock it and provide a Chinese language option along with English. My problem is geting PST to see the phone and getting a hold of the right flash file. I'm new at this and could really use some help. Here are the phone information:

IMEI 449277690101178

Flex Version 92271XYBSA105 - G.0.0.J.K.0.1.46.0.3P.AP.0.10.0.1A
S/W Version PHX4_G_01.05.03R
Laguage List 001B

If anyone could provide some advice. Thanks for the help.
Here's the flash files I have so far.

PHX4_G_01_05_06R_lang000D_full_flash v60
phx4_g_01_05_06r_flexfiles

frerk
27-04-2003, 02:39 AM
The newest version of PST is 5.0 however most people use 4.8 or 4.9. I have used 4.9 with my CDMA v60 and USB cable without any problems. I have found that flashing the phone will not remove subsidy locks. There is an FTP site that was posted on the forum somewhere that has PST 4.9 on it. Maybe someone who recalls the address will post it for you.

changrs
27-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the advice. I did download version 4.9 and tried installing it on Windows ME. Came back with USB Drivers not found. Does PST 4.9 work on ME? You also mentioned about Subsidy Locks not being removed during the flashing process. I know about the SP Locks but not Subsidy locks. Could you tell me what that does? Thanks again for the help.

Ron

frerk
28-04-2003, 03:44 AM
SP Lock is typically used to refer to the lock GSM phones and subsidy lock is generally used to the equivilent sort of lock on a CDMA phone. SP may even stand for subsidy password, but dont quote me on that. The information I have found says that PST only works with 98SE and NT 4, but I really dont know. I was lucky enough to have one machine running 98SE so I just used that one.

Here are some USB drivers that may work. I dont recall which I used.
http://www.kcs-tech.net/phone/Motorola%20Handset%20USB%20Driver.exe
http://www.kcs-tech.net/phone/driver-Win2K-Win98.zip

changrs
29-04-2003, 05:26 AM
Hi frerk,

Thanks again. I may have to install Win98se on my desktop. PST sure didn't work on Windows ME. If PST does not remove the subsidy locks, I might have to use a remote unlock via IMEI service. Lots of those services in the UK but not in the USA. Thanks for the links.

yongmuh
29-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Anyone know the test command in pst?

Stigma
29-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Hi changrs,

Just wondering if you successfully unlocked your V60. Is it possible for you to send me the programs that you used to unlock the V60? I would like to do the same as your V60, adding Chinese and unlock at the same time. Thanks in advance. Please email me the files to [email protected] :D