PDA

View Full Version : weird goboy problems

jits
27-04-2003, 08:42 PM
ive downloaded like 20games to my 3650 for goboy and saved them in my inbox, but everytime i try to play a game i get a error message "goboy memory full, close some applications and try again" but the thing is all my applications r closed and ive still got over 20mb of mmc left and over 1000kb phone memory, can someone please tell me wot i might be doing wrong here? i have used taskmanager to make sure all apps r closed its just so confusing, please help me out people!!
thank you

braindx2
28-04-2003, 02:35 AM
How do you save roms to your inbox?

glhs509
28-04-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by jits
ive downloaded like 20games to my 3650 for goboy and saved them in my inbox, but everytime i try to play a game i get a error message "goboy memory full, close some applications and try again" but the thing is all my applications r closed and ive still got over 20mb of mmc left and over 1000kb phone memory, can someone please tell me wot i might be doing wrong here? i have used taskmanager to make sure all apps r closed its just so confusing, please help me out people!!
thank you

hmm...works fine on mine (goboy v.1.2 installed to MMC, and phone firmware is 1.34....messaging set to MMC as well)

Things to try/check:

- Upgrade to goboy 1.2 (if you don't already have it)...1.1 didn't work for me

- Does it work when you shutoff/on your phone?

- Do you have any apps which automatically run (hidden in the background?) during bootup? try disabling

- Are you sending the zips to the phone or the gb/gbc files? (I have sent them all in their gb/gbc format)...maybe the zipman app is hogging memory

- Do you have BT/IR turned on when you are trying to run the games? Try turning BT/IR off before trying...

- If those don't work...try freeing up some phone memory...(I have 2600k free)

That's about it off the top of my head...if I think of more things I'll let ya know...

jits
28-04-2003, 12:59 PM
thank you very much for replying its was very helpful and very kind of u :)

jits
29-04-2003, 12:16 PM
ive tried to make my own icon mask but everytime i do, the quality is very poor!!! its destorted, fuzzy etc
any tips people?

phatsacks
29-04-2003, 08:21 PM
I could be wrong, but I have noticed if I open almost any program and then go on to Goboy, it considers memory is full. I suggest to try and download Appman, a really nice memory program you can get on shizo's site. Use that to actually close all programs, then use the compress memory feature and you should have 2.2+ mb free and able to play Goboy.

Remember unless you choose "exit" you are not closing the program. It's like multi tasking in windows. You need to actually close the program to free up the ram. If you are still having problems send me a PM and I can help you figure it out.

Big Daddy Phat Sacks
"Phatsacks"

braindx2
30-04-2003, 08:04 PM
I still don't understand where to put the roms on the phone? Whenever I run GoBoy it always says No Rom Selected. How do I select a ROM?

phatsacks
30-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Simply open the message from your inbox and the file extension will automatically open up Goboy. It's like clicking on a Microsoft Word document without opening up word, or an mp3 etc. The file extension will open Goboy.

However, you should be able to use eFileManager and stick them all anywhere in a folder of your choice and use EfileManager to open them up. But I recommend using the inbox method since it saves a small bit of room in your ram.

To ge them in your inbox, I use a different program than the Nokia suite. I use wireless link that comes with Windows XP. However, if you want to use the nokia suite to put them on your mmc then you will have to use something like eFileManager to open them.

Wireless link will send the file and other programs to your phone as a message.

Big Daddy Phat Sacks
"Phatsacks"

jits
01-05-2003, 01:08 PM
how do u make quality icon masks? mines r all fuzzy and bits r misses its not very attractive