PDA

View Full Version : 6310i, DCT4, EMEI questions



ernie_j_c
28-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Hello, I am so new to the scene, that I'm completely lost in these forums. I just bought a 6310i on eBay, and it came with an AT&T SIM. I want to switch to my service provider, which is Cingular. I have the EMEI (350997200614348), and I guess I first need an unlock code for my phone. Does anyone have this? Is there a downloadable calculator out there somewhere? NPL-1, and software is 5.20. (Ok, maybe I'm not completely lost.)

To introduce myself, I am a hobbyist. I currently have a valid Cingular account with a crappy 3360, and I wanted to upgrade. BUT... I wanted to do it the fun way. So, being a hobbyist, a month ago I bought a DCT4 to be able to flash and read/write, etc. Sure, I could walk into Cingular, or even call for info... but I think I'll use that as a last resort. (Although, my patience is running thin by now...)

So anyway, I cannot get the DCT4 to read. I'm getting the error: "DONGLE NOT FIND !" Funny English aside, I have a serious problem (if I paid for a DCT4 but can't use it.) I tried DCT4 Calc on my W2K laptop, and then I tried on my Win98 laptop. LPT1 is not finding anything on either machine. Oh well. ANY ADVICE FOR THIS NEW-B?!?!?!

Thanks in advance for any direction :-)

mestrini
29-04-2003, 01:29 AM
hi,

i'm kinda new to this stuff too but one thing i learned is to read and search a lot before starting to ask questions. Of course no arm can come from posing questions but... at least avoids answers like mine ;) (kiddin')

Ok, first to the service provider changing try going here ( http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=115716#post115716 ) and ask for an unlock code. Be sure to provide your phone's full IMEI number (15 digits) and network code (31038=At&t ; U.S.A.).
As for getting this code yourself, the program all alone is worthless. You must aqquire a device called DONGLE wich has a built-in microchip that allows the program to perform the DCT4 calcs. It looks like the end of a printer cable and you must attach it to the LPT port (printer port in your PC)

I hope i helped.

(anyone feel free to correct any unvalid information, please)

mestrini

08-05-2003, 08:39 PM
are you on at&t at the moment if you are post reply and i will send you unlock code regards eddie

ernie_j_c
28-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by [email protected]
are you on at&t at the moment if you are post reply and i will send you unlock code regards eddie

lsearp:

provider 31038
imei 350997200614348

Thanks in advance!

mestrini
28-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ernie_j_c


lsearp:

provider 31038
imei 350997200614348

Thanks in advance!

Here you go m8,

#pw+792870324060072+1#
#pw+243805074140207+2#
#pw+742000575052401+3#
#pw+314126744203427+4#
#pw+192474327076576+5#
#pw+472807107030206+6#
#pw+202065531022263+7#

If you don't know how to insert the codes follow the link and check out #5:
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t32322/s.html

bobl
28-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Ehrm...I am gonna say this, but it may not be right. :D

If Code 7 doesn't work, DON'T RETRY!

There are some problems with unlocking AT&T phones, just double check all the info and don't retry the same code. If you try more than 3 times you'll make it so that it can only be cable unlocked.

If you have problems come back to the forum.

Cheers

Bob