PDA

View Full Version : 3210 EEPROM

jules
12-04-2002, 11:32 PM
upgraded 3210 to v6 now no signal, read the phone with rolis 4.77 every thing ok, apart from Tune EEPROM test - No eeprom EMU in flash. Tried to faid and flash with eeprom 3.1. Still no joy. Can anyone please help. :sad:

Doc
02-05-2002, 06:04 AM
Hi!

Keep on trying E2P Tools 3.1
Also worrked for me when i changed the Atmel :-)
Dont know why but I just did a copy and replaced the E2P then the EEPROM Tune Checksum (whatever it is) was invalid...

Finally v3.1 did the job. Maybe also Dejans nk_calc. I also tried at the same time.
Afterwards I desoldered the E2P again and read it but was the same like before.

Mysterious at all.. So keep on trying.

Doc

jules
02-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Hi Doc
thx for reply my f/mbus cable is autoswtchable could this cause the problems that i am having:grin: do i need the manual swtching cable:rolleyes:
thanx.......jules

Doc
03-05-2002, 05:58 AM
Hi!

It might cause the problem. I have heared of some people with similar problems when using a autoswitch F/M cable.

Do u have the schematics how these autoswitch cables work? Maybe it#s enough if u insulate the FBUS and just leave the MBUS pin connected (with some self-adhesive tape simply)?

Let us know about the results.

btw: try to start just the E2P Tools and no other program. Maybe under win9x/2k you can also disable the FIFO buffer for the serial port you use.
(Control panel/system/COM ports/Properties/Advanced/disable 16550 UART buffer or similar)
Cuased some problem on my machine.

Doc

jules
03-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Hi Doc
this fone becoming a bit of a pain I am begining to think it is a hardware prob ?:confused: full flashed again with rollis,opened eeprom 3.1 updated authority ID (ok),reset full factory settings (ok) DSP test(ok) but wen I press the padlock I keep getting message saying (can't update simlock data please turn phone off/on and try again I keep on pressing but still get same answer.
And now wen i put sim in i get a signal........ then no signal and signal not come back :mad: :confused:
thx jules

meff
04-05-2002, 12:32 PM
Try without pressing padlock icon

jules
04-05-2002, 12:55 PM
Hi
if I don't press the padlock...... I get the message sim card not accepted
tnx jules

meff
04-05-2002, 01:02 PM
And what about updating faid with koci logger+calculator?

Doc
04-05-2002, 03:17 PM
Hi jules!

I got the same message from time to time.
Just leave the phone connected to the MBUS and switch it off and on again then try the button again. Repeat if necessary. It worked for me on a 3210 and my good old '(now working again 6130 - I just need the upper PCB which has been destroyed)

Doc

Doc
04-05-2002, 03:20 PM
Sim card not accepted means there is a simlock - no way out. I dont thinnk of a hardware problem.

What does Rolis (4.77/4.78/5.14) say when u check the Phone info? There should be values like 01001/0000/00000000001 in the bottom fields... If not your phone might be locked to a special Simcard (lock 4).

Keep on trying - it's worth :-)

Doc

jules
05-05-2002, 10:07 AM
Hi
doc/meff
1ST of all thanks for helping me trying to solve this prob but still this fone is confusing me????????????????????......
I have re-flashed pressed glass icon......... reset factory.......... pressed imei icon everything OK :confused:inserted sim had a signal for about 5 mins:D
then signal gone:mad: I have also got 8210 with exactly same problem??
would it help if I got soft from a known working 3210//8210 and downloaded it to these???
thanks jules

meff
05-05-2002, 01:42 PM
1. Try to restore the previous firmware - if this won't work maybe there is something wrong with your cable i'm not so sure about it
2. You can copy firmware from other phone but only mcu+ppm area (in case of 8210)

jules
07-05-2002, 07:31 PM
HI
I HAVE HAD THESE PHONEs TO THE NOKIA SHOP AND THEY TOLD ME THAT IT IS THE MEMORY CHIP THAT IS NOT WORKING???
WOT EVER THAT IS WOULD THIS BE REPAIRABLE FOR ME OR DO I USE THESE AS SPARES
THX jules :(

Doc
07-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Hi jules!

Okay. One last try!

Check for the resistors of the SDA and SCL of the
24C128. They should have 10k and are pretty close to the chip.
If they get lost u get the same error/no signal EEPROM not present failure.
Also no display then.
Had this after I got a cell as "unrepairable" back from a nokia store.

If u need the schematics check the usualy site for the manuals.
If u need further help (and wann further check for the fault) the ask... The forum is here for it :-)

Doc