PDA

View Full Version : InfraRED problem...again

rip_calista
29-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Hello, i'm using toshiba laptop with window XP installed
the problem is that i cannot transfer any files from laptop to communicator but it is work if i transfer from communicator to laptop...
is there any problem with the IR driver?...i already installed the IR patch but the problem still...

suicide-frog
29-04-2003, 03:58 PM
hi there!
i had the same problem but i resolved it this way: first you have to deactivate the windows xp infra red drivers in the control panel, then with the pc suite connect programm activated turn on the nokia infra-red. after you do that just activate the win xp infra red drivers. if this doesn't work try to first install the infra red drivers that come with pc suite.
i guess that the problem in win xp is that when you try to connect the nokia communicator with it, windows detect it has being a infra red modem, that's why you have to deactivate the win xp infra red so when you activated pc suite will detect first the nokia communicator.

SEPET
29-04-2003, 10:12 PM
I have the same problems with IRdA drivers for Windows XP. I think Nokia PC SUite has some damages. The last version of this software is available from
http://www.nokia.com/cda1/0,1080,4856,00.html.
I've installed it, the synchronisation is working OK, but still thje problem with IR connection...
I use cable.

rip_calista
01-05-2003, 04:01 AM
Thanx to U all....
I did work on it all day, and now i know why the infra red didn't working....
Its because the bios setting of the IR is set to manual setting (address, port, and so on)....when i try to set it auto ....then the IR work well..... ;)
so if U have the same problem on laptop, it might be the bios setting not the driver.....