PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6210 signal drop!!

andie_ford
21-04-2002, 08:07 PM
:rolleyes:
I have a nokia 6210 v5.02 which gets signal but after 10 seconds the signal goes, i have reflashed but this doesn't make any difference. I have also used a test aerial but that also made no difference.

I have a virgin eeprom that some1 said i should flash on to the phone bu how do i flash this my flasher "rolis" says it is too small, its 26k i think.

Also can any1 give me a detailed readme of how to change graphics on a 6210!

Thanks very much any help will be greatlt appreciated!!

Andrew Ford
Nokia Novice

Dado
13-05-2002, 12:13 AM
My signal also drops on my 7110 V5.01 ....
I also don't know how to write the virgin eeprom ....

I am going to buy a new phone i think .... :(

RosOne
13-05-2002, 02:11 AM
Use a dejan flasher based program for flashing the EEPROM.

I use Dark Flasher v3.01
I put virgin eeprom into mcu+ppm dir, name it "6210v556.fls" (v so i know it's the eeprom), run the program, choose 6210 - 556 Pack V and click flash. Then you have to choose 6210 again, type in the address and you're done.

There are MANY ways to do it - I do it that way.

I hope this could help :p

btw: why don't you use 05.56 for your 6210?

ssmrr
22-05-2002, 11:00 PM
i think ur problem is hardware with pf signal ..if u whant any help with that e.mail me at [email protected]

windbreaker
23-05-2002, 04:17 AM
hi try this one it works 4 me...

paul_urquhart
23-05-2002, 10:05 PM
I think i've got the same problem with my 6210....

Tried loads of stuff, even soldering like in the diagram posted above... It works for a bit, then the signal goes again. Strange this is is when i've just soldered the wire, it works... Something to do with the heat??? Haven't got a clue...

CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!????

Paul

Adven
23-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Have you updated the FAID after you upgraded the software??? any of the popular programes that use MBUS can do it !

paul_urquhart
23-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Yup done that. Plenty of times. Have tried flashing and re-flashing and i'm bored of it now..!! Cant work out if its hardware or software??? Which isn't very useful!

Is it possible to do something which affects the signal through flashing / unlocking??

rosbud
12-06-2002, 12:16 PM
I have a same pb with one 6210, no signal.
I had try with no signal solution with the two contact but no working.
My handy is original unlock.
I don't think that it's a flash problem.
Fot moment, no network with 900 and 1800 mhz:mad:

Adven
12-06-2002, 06:43 PM
Each phone is calibrated indivdually for RX & TX power levels by Nokia, since all the flashes and backups on the net are from existing phones and not from Nokia there is always a chance that there is a slight difference from phone to phone. So if you flash your phone with a flash that is slighly different to your phone's calibration you may lose signal strengh. This is why when Nokia flash a phone at a service centre they always re calibrate the power levels!!!
You can do this yourself if you have the right equipment ( Wintesla, RF signal generator etc!) and if you know the settings and what the proceedure is.....

rosbud
13-06-2002, 12:30 PM
i don't think have a same problem.
I had never do a flash with this 6210.
It's original flash.

After i had seen your post, i had flashing and it's always a same pb.
I think it's electronik pb.
I have a shema on nokia origin but i don't know why it's doesn't work.
The nokia soluce no work with me, i try it!

Thx
Phy

BizzyRok
15-06-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Adven
Each phone is calibrated indivdually for RX & TX power levels by Nokia, since all the flashes and backups on the net are from existing phones and not from Nokia there is always a chance that there is a slight difference from phone to phone. So if you flash your phone with a flash that is slighly different to your phone's calibration you may lose signal strengh. This is why when Nokia flash a phone at a service centre they always re calibrate the power levels!!!
You can do this yourself if you have the right equipment ( Wintesla, RF signal generator etc!) and if you know the settings and what the proceedure is.....

Please can you tell me how to exactly to do it?

Adven
15-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Unfortuantly no....I don't have the equipment to do it... You could try a Nokia service centre and get a software upgrade from them, they usually don't charge!! However they WILL check out the phone and relock it if it was originally supplied that way!! Also they will check Imei numbers too.......

cece
16-06-2002, 10:53 AM
Hi, guys

I have the same problem with my 6210. It's hardware problem.
The file i have upload can bring us a sulution.
I have heat my pcb on the position of the ic n240 and i spray a bit of contact spry on it. I helps a bit but not for 100% with me.
Give it a try and post your results
susses

cece

sentinal
19-06-2002, 05:26 AM
Easy Question?
What Service Provider are you using when the signal drops.

Orange
T-Mobile
Virgin

wfc
19-06-2002, 02:52 PM
you need to compleatly reflow the power amp using flux and a smd rework station then calibrate levels using wintesla. just reflowing should work in most cases though:)

cece
19-06-2002, 04:15 PM
can you say us what reflowing is. My english is not so good.

Cece

BizzyRok
24-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by sentinal
Easy Question?
What Service Provider are you using when the signal drops.

Orange
T-Mobile
Virgin

I am Using T-Mobile

BizzyRok
25-06-2002, 01:03 PM
Senital, I am using T-Mobile so if you can, please give me a solution

rosbud
03-07-2002, 09:58 AM
With me, same pb, with Bouygues telecom, french provider!!!
;)

Liam
07-07-2002, 09:13 AM
I have a 6210 with this problem, on 1800mhz signal for 10 then nothing, but 900mhz its perfect.

I have cloned my 100% working 6210 onto it and changed the IMEI to original and this makes it no better.

I changed the IMEI to a number which I know for definate is not stolen and still the same thing happened.

The 6210 signal repair document which was posted above ( which I took from the clubnokia.co.uk site and gave to www.gsmschwantz.tk ) didnt help either.

I think I will take it to a repair centre...

Sam_digital
23-07-2002, 05:36 PM
6210 dropping calls and dropping from full signal to nothing is cobba fault most times , service centres have been instructed by nokia to replace cobba chips on dropping reception , ie signal levels tx-rx and iq can all be to specs , however phone drops signal , iv fixed a few even that have full signal and drop to no reception after a few seconds when powered up .

id change cobba chip first ..
when u change a cobba u will have to upgrade software again and unlock splocks .

Sam_digital

CARROT
27-07-2002, 01:41 PM
Where can i get a cobba chip?

Renegade
03-08-2002, 06:26 PM
i came on an oficial nokia doc that says the cause of the signal drop is hardware related it gave a solution which involved some very very difficult soldering

soapboy
15-08-2002, 11:05 AM
I have a nokia 6210, with problems that have not been described above.

On Vodaphone (900MHz), reception lasts for a few seconds, then nothing. I have seen it to come back for a few seconds, but then nothing.

On O2 and Orange, reception is much better. But sometimes goes from full bars to nothing. But it usually comes back again to full strength :)

On T-Mobile/121, I get some reception, and can make a call. But when the call finishes, reception goes and does not come back.

These are my observations, and I'm trying lots of things and will let you know how i do.

Any tips? I'm willing to try anything!

soapboy
20-08-2002, 12:27 AM
Since each Nokia 6210 phone is calibrated indivdually for RX & TX power levels, does anyone know of any websites that offers full flash files of various nokia 6210 calibrations?

I have a nokia 6210 with bad T-Mobile reception, and even worse Vodaphone reception. At times the phone works perfect.

downunder
21-08-2002, 02:37 AM
if the signal on the 6210 drops after 9 or 10 secs then it usually a hardware fault on the Tx side . you need to replace the power amp or diplexer you would have to measure output/loss of each to determine which one. there is also a chance that it is a dry joint under the COBBA which can be reflowed.

soapboy
22-08-2002, 06:22 PM
If I think my 6210 has had a full factory reset, and so the TX/RX levels have been reset..... is it possible to grab a full flash from a very similar Nokia 6210 and flash mine?

What part of the flash do I need for Tx/Rx information? Eeprom? or Full?

(Just wanna say thanks to everyone for this board!)

downunder
22-08-2002, 10:58 PM
with just a factory reset the default values should be ok to get the phone working. if the flash has been replaced or wiped clean and the imei rebuilt etc . then you will have do rx and tx calibration or you could copy complete software package from a
good flash. this may get the phone up and running but may result
in poor performane in the future as each phone ideal needs to be individulally tune.

soapboy
22-08-2002, 11:57 PM
When you say a good flash, do you mean a full flash from 200000 - 600000 (approx 4MB) ?