PDA

View Full Version : [Free phone call]

[RedHat]
09-05-2003, 07:30 AM
I have a friend that has a sim card with no number. He can make phone call for free. The phone is just for making call and not for receiving. Anybody have an info on how this thing work. Maybe we can do it ourself. My friend got it from someone and he is paying the person every month to maintain the line.

Any suggestion?

Shelmo
09-05-2003, 02:03 PM
hmmm, i aint heard of the free calls since that old bt phillips thingy, i kno bout free texting via smsc, mite have to look into that!
dont think u cud get sim-card without number, unless u cud alter chipset sumhow?!

Yotamz
09-05-2003, 02:11 PM
maybe his sim card is not without number, but with a ghost number.

you cannot recieve calls with a ghost line, because this line has been cancelled, but you can make calls, and because the owner of this line has cancelled it - it is like a phone line without owner, that means that no one pays for the calls (a.k.a free calls:D ).

as said before, it is VERY hard to get a working ghost line, but it is still possible.

[RedHat]
12-05-2003, 06:33 AM
Yotamz... i think you are right. But can we somehow clone the sim so that we can also use the free line. Anyway to to do that and what equipment we have to use? How can we obtain such ghost number?

294taa
12-05-2003, 09:53 AM
if someone calls you then you should get his sim info and clone yourself sim card. Is it possible to get sim info from mobile phone receiver with some special equipment?

Yotamz
12-05-2003, 02:33 PM
it is possible to clone that sim card with a sim master (sim card reader/writer device), but i'm not sure if it will work o.k, because i don't think that two (or more) phones with the same simcard (same number and same identity) can be connected to the same network at the same time.

about ghost numbers, you have to know someone that has cancelled their account on a phone network, and use their sim or create a new sim with their number, however, not every number that has been cancelled becomes a ghost line. ghost line is a special case when the details are deleted but the line is still working (i'm not sure exactly how it happens, but it's something like that).

@294taa
i don't think it is possible to clone a simcard of someone that just calls you because the sim stores more information than the phone number, information that is sent only to the network and not to your phone.

[RedHat]
16-05-2003, 02:06 AM
Can it be done by inside job? I think this must be done by person from the inside.

slikmik
16-05-2003, 02:46 AM
you can clone that sim if before june 2002 quite easily - (i presume) with basic £40 qequipment available here - www.incredible-devices.co.uk

Yes the 2 sims can be "online" at the same time but chances are that two IDENTICAL sims online will allert the operator/provider and get them on your tail and no doubt they would attempt to block your sim

Within 2 weeks i shall clone my old sim and keep them both ONLINE at the same time to see whether i get "a visit" from the operator or police or wotnot - would be interesting :) Always wanted to get arrested....

Mike:p

Salami1_1
16-05-2003, 05:13 PM
2 sims can NOT be 'online' together!
Anyway it depends kinda how you describe 'online'
If the number is called one of the 2 sims will recieve the call and it is not know which one and why.. (maybe because one has better network ?? )

same goes with sms.. you never know on what phone/sim it will be received..
ANd if one phone/sim is calling the other will not have any network.

WBR

Salami1_1

Yotamz
16-05-2003, 06:52 PM
every time a phone connects to a network the sim information is sent so the network will "know" it is connected and deliver calls and sms from/to it, right? so, if another phone tries to log in to the network with the same information, it will probably get "sim registeration failure" or something, because it is already connected, like when you try to log on to your internet account with the same user name and password from another computer when you are already connected.
or
the first one will be disconnected.

i'm not sure about anything i have said here, but i don't think that two identical simcards can be connected to the same network at the same time.

Salami1_1
17-05-2003, 06:52 PM
maybe you are kinda right...
but not completly..
because you will NOT get 'sim reg failed'

I think this is what happens:
the first sim (sim 1) connects to network..-> it's connected..

2nd (cloned) sim goes online (phone turns on)
and connects to network..
Due this sim 1 get's disconnected because the other sim connects..

Because sim 1 get's disconnected it reconnects.. by reconnecting sim 2 get's kicked off again.. and so on..
This explains that you can not predict which phone get's the sms/call. It depends on what sim (in which phone) is currently connected.

WBR

Salami1_1

Yotamz
17-05-2003, 09:33 PM
another possibility...

the first phone connects.
then, the second phone connects, the network assumes that it's the same phone, and that it got out of coverge and came back again. so they will be connected at the same time, but the last one to connect will be the one that recieves the calls and sms messages. the first phone will not "know" about that because it doesn't disconnect, it was connected all the time.

i think that what salami1_1 wrote makes sense, but one correction - the first one will not be kicked, but will not recieve calls, until it does a location update, then the second will not recieve calls until it does a location update...and so on..

i think we should make an experiment, like what slikmik is doing with the imei (to phones with the same imei).

djshadow7
09-09-2003, 08:42 PM
I also would like to be able to have a ghost number. i have cloned a few sms and they have been working great but when you have two on at once it goes crazy. one will be able to make calls the other won't and so forth, it will call and not connect and if it does just cuts off quick. I would not recomemend it here in the states. I am not sure how it is overseas but I don't want to press my luck.

Any one know how i would be able to have my number show up as a different number.. kinda of like blocking my caller ID but show a different number and is it possible?

JeffHack
12-11-2003, 01:51 PM
how to have a free sms???? pls help i'm just a poor guy who want to know something usefull... tnx a lot..
pls reply me a @ [email protected]

Dex83
14-11-2003, 06:17 AM
Maybe its a database error on Smart Philippines here. I have my sim (prepaid) it's 0 balance, can't call, but can receive call
And the best thing is i can still send SMS to other phone...
there are some days when im not really busy i send over 500 sms a day just to fool around on others number. i think its a database error here. i'm just waiting for the sim to expire and see what happen. but if will go to ghost account after the sim will expired i think i will never have to load again just to text.( spending 1.00php per send is quit expensive...)
my estimation is the sim will expire 26th of this month. if i can still send sms after that date, maybe it will go ghost? am i right??? :lol:

gulastugan
16-12-2003, 01:15 PM
But a phone noone can call to is not very useful. Sure, u got free calls, but u will also always be forced to carry around two phones. One for calling and one for receiving.