PDA

View Full Version : flashing 3310

jcoxy
28-04-2002, 01:06 PM
hi! ..basically i would like to know how to flash a nokia 3310, my G/F has one and so does me sister..one ver 4.** and the other 5.13... what i would ike to be able to do is upgrade the 4.** one....can/how do i do this? can u flash with a dual MBUS/FBUS cable?? if so what software do i need? pls help :-)

ByteMe
28-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Hi.

It's possible to upgrade/downgrade, but you need a flasher cable to flash a new/old MCU&PPM version. The best tool to do so is Rolis 5.14 (as far as I know). You need the flash with the version you want; u can find the address to flash and some other explanations at the articles section. Once in rolis, it's straight forward, just open your flash file and flash. :p

BR. ByteMe.

jcoxy
28-04-2002, 02:22 PM
rolis?..soz im quite new to it...best ive done is upload logos n ringtones....so i really need a quick course on how to do it..where do i get rolis? and where would i find a flash prog for the right version..i wanna upgrade from 04.23 to 05.13.. is this poss?

ByteMe
28-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Do u have the flasher cable?

jcoxy
28-04-2002, 02:39 PM
i got an dual mbus/fbus cable??

Graham
28-04-2002, 04:27 PM
To change the software version in your phone you need to use a flasher cable which connects through the printer port on your computer.
You can get the leads from ......
http://www.peccomputers.co.uk/
The paralel flasher leads cost £12.00 (inc vat) and will flash all the nokia phones.
You will also need your Mbus lead to update, unlock and to correct checksums after you update the software.
You can find all the shortcuts for your phone flashes and softwate you need to flash and unlock on my webb pages.
If you visit please sign my visitors book.
Once you have what you need to do the job many people here on this site will be glad to help you (self included).
I gave the link for the leads assuming you are in the UK ?
Edit your profile so members know your country.
;)