PDA

View Full Version : 8250 problem

pdmax
29-04-2002, 09:35 AM
hi guys,

i just buy a 8250 from my friend, and it is hard to charge the battery, when i fully charge, a call in, and it left 2 bars only, then sometimes it "freezes", it hang and i have to take out the battery and on again, and it must be take out around 5~6 time b4 the phone went normal, he bought it at April 2001, and he never update the s/w b4, i remember i upload an operator logo and the problem came out.

Now even wrost, when i switch on the phone, it came out "contact service" and it hang there.

Can you guys teach me how to solve this problem, please be inform i;m a newbies, so i got no idea what is eeprom and how to flash. can you guys teach me step by step?

Thanks in advance

Max

pdmax
02-05-2002, 07:13 AM
hi guys,

i just take my 8250 to the shop, and he said not the s/w problem, it's the one of the device problem "call bar" something, and the cost of fixing it is around USD 40.00. He have to charge the device and do something, can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

Kjetil
02-05-2002, 07:44 PM
My guess is that he is trying to rip some money from U!!

Do not always listen to people working in service shops.
I'm not a expert on the subject, but what u re telling sounds like u have water damage, maybe a component failure ore most simply a soft. error.

The service repairman would most likely connect your phone and used wintesla to check your phone, maybe updated your soft and/ore do a energy calibration.

So please try this first:
-Open phone, check for water damage.
-If not, get the cables needed and update software yourselfe
-Are u lucky and know something abaout electronics then get yourselfe a copy of the service manual, and go from there!

Ore maybe I have missed something and you have to give up and pay for the repair...

Dont give up
try harder:)

pdmax
03-05-2002, 01:21 AM
can anyone tell me what is the software to flash 8250 and what is the steps ? thanks !

Kjetil
03-05-2002, 11:40 AM
There is a "search" buttom at the top of the page in this forum
U will find the detailed step by step guide how to flash your phone
Here U can download flash files:
http://nokia.sno.at/

pdmax
06-05-2002, 01:15 AM
ok man, thank you very very much, i apperciate it !!! : )

pdmax
08-05-2002, 05:37 AM
hi guys,

i just take my 8250 to the shop, and he said not the s/w problem, it's the one of the device problem "call bar" something, and the cost of fixing it is around USD 40.00. He have to charge the device and do something, can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

pdmax
08-05-2002, 05:43 AM
hi guys, i just got reply from the shop, he said he change the IC, but my 8250 still can't work, so he said it's the s/w and h/w problem come together, nad he said it might cannot be fix. He still trying now, anyone can help me and fix my phone? anyone stay around my country.

thanks