PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 8250

pdmax
29-04-2002, 09:57 AM
hi guys,

i just buy a 8250 from my friend, and it is hard to charge the battery, when i fully charge, a call in, and it left 2 bars only, then sometimes it "freezes", it hang and i have to take out the battery and on again, and it must be take out around 5~6 time b4 the phone went normal, he bought it at April 2001, and he never update the s/w b4, i remember i upload an operator logo and the problem came out.

Now even wrost, when i switch on the phone, it came out "contact service" and it hang there.

Can you guys teach me how to solve this problem, please be inform i;m a newbies, so i got no idea what is eeprom and how to flash. can you guys teach me step by step?

Thanks in advance

Max

Kjetil
29-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Do u have the all tools needed?
Flashcable and m2bus?

If U do you will find the step by step solution if u search this forum:)

Good luck

pdmax
30-04-2002, 01:25 AM
No. I was thinking using my laptop Infrared to flash it. Can i ? or i need some special cable? or data cable ? But 8250 dont have the connecting point right?

Please let me know more about it. Thanks

Max

Kjetil
30-04-2002, 07:43 AM
U can not use the IR to flash the phone!
U can not use the IR to anything useful exept logos and stuff.
The connection points with fbus and mbus is underneth the battery.
U need a mbus cable and a flash cable (Cheap on the web)

pdmax
30-04-2002, 08:01 AM
oic.. thanks alot man ! now i know, so where can i find the tutorials, and if i got these cable can i solve my problem ? thanks !

Kjetil
30-04-2002, 11:48 AM
Hei
Yes U can most likely fix your phone with this:)
U should also check inside the phone for water damage.
Here is the chematic for Mbus and Dejan flasher.
U can download tools at this forum

Good luck

pdmax
02-05-2002, 02:47 AM
ohh.. thanks man, another thing, where can i get any step-by=step tutorials for flashing phone? coz i am a totally newbies to this. thanks a lot.

pdmax
02-05-2002, 07:10 AM
hi guys,

i just take my 8250 to the shop, and he said not the s/w problem, it's the one of the device problem "call bar" something, and the cost of fixing it is around USD 40.00. He have to charge the device and do something, can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

pdmax
08-05-2002, 04:23 AM
hi guys, i just got reply from the shop, he said he change the IC, but my 8250 still can't work, so he said it's the s/w and h/w problem come together, nad he said it might cannot be fix. He still trying now, anyone can help me and fix my phone? anyone stay around my country.

thanks