PDA

View Full Version : JIC and VictorGSM unlockers



twitch
14-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Three questions:

1) Has anyone been able to get the JIC Motorola unlocker to work? Everytime I try and run it in WinXP, it crashes. Does it have to be run in Win98?

2) For everyone who has used the Victor GSM unlocker via serial, did you buy a serial cable, or did you build it? In other words, are the serial v66 cables that you buy outside compatiable, or am I going to have to build one?

3) Does the unlock part of the Victor GSM work with a USB cable, or is it serial only? It says serial in it...

Thanks all.

POOLEY
14-05-2003, 02:17 PM
JIC-MOTOROLA ONLY SEEMS TO WORK WITH WIN98 AND NOT M.E.
(NEVER GOT THAT WORKING??)

AS FOR THE VICTOR STUFF I HAD TO WIPE MY MACHINE OF M.E. AND START WITH WIN98 OR YOU GET SILLY MESSAGES.
IT FLASHES OK, BUT WITH A T720 IT WONT DO A DIRECT UNLOCK AND IT TELLS YOU TO FLASH IT THEN PRESS UNLOCK AND USING THE SERVER LOGIN AS "FREET720" AND USE PASSWORD "FREE"
THEN AFTER A COUPLE OF TRIES IT BLACKLISTS YOUR I.P. ADDRESS.

YOU CAN EITHER GET A USB CABLE TO DO THE TRICK OR BUY THE RS232 LEAD FOR COM1. BEST TO USE THE CHARGER AT THE SAME TIME!!



BEST OF LUCK
POOLEY

phantom2002
15-05-2003, 11:18 AM
visit my website if you would like to build your own cable as i have the schematics for the serial & USb cable available...also the USB drivers too

www.phantom.mirrorz.com > Motorola >


WBR

twitch
15-05-2003, 07:51 PM
cool...thanks guys! I'm going to pick up a USB cable and give it a try...

twitch
15-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by phantom2002
visit my website if you would like to build your own cable as i have the schematics for the serial & USb cable available...also the USB drivers too

www.phantom.mirrorz.com > Motorola >


WBR

Are the required USB cables and the serial cables the same as the ones that you get from Moto or are they special? That way I don't have try and build one.

Thanks very much.

POOLEY
16-05-2003, 10:45 AM
yep. the usb is a bog standard one. just remember to connect the charger at the same time, or the fone wont go into bdm mode
have fun!!

zukini
16-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Bought the USB cable from RadioShack
downloaded USB drivers from futuredial.com

phantom2002
16-05-2003, 02:53 PM
everything that is required for the USB cable is on my website Including the drivers for windows NT/XP and also Win98.
The serial cable is my preferred method, but i have used the usb cable for flashing too :) whatever is cheaper i suppose.....

The schematic for the serial cable is available for download on my web too :) for those who feel they would rather make one themselves.

You could either use USB (if you have serial port, laptops !!!) or serial if you haven't got a USB port (on your laptop/PC !)


LOL

Regards

ahib
16-05-2003, 03:06 PM
whers cheapest place to get serial cables?anyone?

twitch
18-05-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by phantom2002
visit my website if you would like to build your own cable as i have the schematics for the serial & USb cable available...also the USB drivers too

www.phantom.mirrorz.com > Motorola >


WBR

This is very strange. I can't get the v60 to work under Win98. I tried the drivers from your site, but I can' t seem to see the phone.

I used the Setup program, but no luck. The Setup program runs, but does it actually install anything? I couldn't find anything. I tried to install manually too, but it doesn't seem to find the phone.

I also tried the P2K drivers, but only under XP. That didn't work either. I will install it under Win2000 and try it from there.

I did download the FutureDial drivers, but they didn't work either.

In other words, I'm having a VERY BAD DAY!

If anyone can give me some advice, I would appreciate it.

lowclass
25-05-2003, 07:57 PM
format ur pc
re-install window98(special edition preferred)
install the software
install the driver
plug in ur phone via usb cable
turn on the phone
restart the pc and it should detect the phone and install the needed drivers.

Jason

L. Y. S. I...
27-05-2003, 08:41 AM
What it means "format the PC"?! This soft with USB need a deticated PC, couse formating will delete all the previous prog=get one & lose a hundred. I don't think is the right thing to do.

lowclass
27-05-2003, 09:28 AM
i didn't mean it was necessary but if u can't succeed, that's the way to do it.
And there is a thing called backup
and u only need to format the c: drive so if u have other partitions, u can just copy ur stuff.