PDA

View Full Version : Time reading phone

Wildheart Baby
04-05-2002, 01:25 PM
how long should it take to read a 3210 / 3330 to make backup flash file using nokia flash tool (cyber dog) and once the phone power is switched on should it continue to say power on phone.

plus when I have the 3210 cable connected through flasher cable and I switch it off it comes straight back on is this normal as it doesn't happen with 3330 or should I plug the cable in when it asks for power then switch phone on :confused: thanks in advance

paolo
05-05-2002, 12:51 AM
i think ur problem is on your cable.try to clean the contact of your flasher cable and also ur phone the connects its. because if your contact is dirty your phone will not response toy your computer...... try ot use dejan flasher or darkshell 2.14d

Wildheart Baby
05-05-2002, 10:10 AM
I just got cable a couple of days ago so should be fairly clean tried dark flasher and when reading phone follow on screen instructions it goes to loading boot loader..... phone not respond Tx=1

should receive mbus connector in a couple of days so should be able to check if problem with phone connector part of cable

boldi
05-05-2002, 10:24 AM
Hi
Clean contacts on fone then connect flasher cable 2 fone use rollis 4.7x /5.14 good soft make yoh backup
hope this helps boldi

:grin: :-D :) :) :D

Wildheart Baby
05-05-2002, 01:50 PM
still no luck with contacts do you have a link for those versions of rollis

just out of curiosity how should my printer port be setup, prints ok but might not be properly setup, really anoying as no prob with data cables I've got

Wildheart Baby
05-05-2002, 11:44 PM
sorted changed port settings, to auto now works,

problem read flash played around with file changed some of the tones re calced file, flashed phone tried updating faid using eeprom tools but still no service / resetting itself have used eeprom tools before to unlock when I locked all locks *stupid* worked last time but not this any ideas

NokDoc
06-05-2002, 04:48 PM
Hi Mr. Wildheart Baby,

Try to write in a clear understandable way.
This one sentence line is hard to understand, there is enough space on the forum, no problem.

About Ur resetting problem:

Insert a good flash file, somehow it must be the problem with checksums.
Did U check all the mcu, ppmsubchunks and last 4 byte checksum before flashing?

NokDoc

Wildheart Baby
06-05-2002, 07:06 PM
sorry, I didn't think

used my own 3210 ver 5.36 made backup and worked on that

added new graphics and replaced ringtones used ppm split fix ver 2 to fix checksums seemed to be ok

reflashed entire flash using nokia dct3 flasher by rollis

then used eeprom tools 3.1 clicked spyglass icon to recalc fiad semmed to worked

switched off phone switched on, kept resetting used eeprom tool again to repair imei

still no joy

phone works if I use flash file3210 I first took from phone :confused:

what tools do I use

and how do I do checks you asked about

try loading first flash file 3210 into nk calc tells me eeprom dump corrupt but 3330 dump I took works no problem

NokDoc
06-05-2002, 07:27 PM
>>added new graphics and replaced ringtones used ppm split fix ver 2 to fix checksums seemed to be ok

>>reflashed entire flash using nokia dct3 flasher by rollis.

Inbetween these two steps, open the file in a proggie called PpmManager091 by Mr. From_Vanof. (download section)

In this proggie choose to recalculate all checksums and save the file before exiting again.

The trick which other proggies don't do as by me is the calculation of the last 4 bytes checksum of the mcu&ppm file.

I hope that will solve the problem.

NokDoc