PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong? 6210

npiersma
04-05-2002, 02:00 PM
Hi I am trying to upgrade my (telfort) Nokia 6210 version 3.04 to a new version 5.56.

A few weeks ago I bought a dejan flasher cable set. (you know the one with the four nokia interfaces on a PS/2 plug).

After I successfully unlocked my 3.04 version I got a new challange. Upgrade the 3.04 version to 5.56.

I downloaded a full flash from a brand new simlock free 6210 to my pc. I tested the my Telford sim in this phone (v5.56) and it worked. (So a simlock free phone)

The I uploaded the new v5.56 flash to my own 6210. The process went well, only after turning my phone on, it asks for the pin code, no problem, it accepts it, but then I get the error, wrong sim/'verkeerde sim'(<-dutch version). Even if I put the sim from the other working (5.56) phone I get this error.

What did I forgot and can someone tell me how to fix this. I think you guys are gonna tell me something about fix the FAID. Fine, but please explain FAID to me.

Second question, can this be done without the MBUS cable? I don't have one, I only have the flasher cable.

Niels

RosOne
04-05-2002, 03:44 PM
Oh man :(

Yes, you need the mbus cable! You'll have to update FAID! You can't do it without mbus cable!

npiersma
05-05-2002, 09:32 AM
Hmmm,

Okay, gonna order a MBUS cable. But can you explain the FAID stuff. I understand the way the flashes are build up. MCU/PMM. But I still haven't figured out how these relate to FAID, IMEI, MSID. Can someone explain it to me, or at least tell me where I can find this info. There doesn't seem to be a faq about the whole procedure, just only pecieses and bits about just the IMEI or just the flashing etc, etc.

Niels

NokDoc
05-05-2002, 08:23 PM
IMEI, Identification number of Ur phone.

Faid, Number used for authorising command of changed data inside a phone.

Msid, the number gotton from phone and used as one of the base for calculating the faid number.

Other numbers required for the faid number calc are based upon checksums and calcs on data of the flashfile itself.

All this knowledge isn't required for upgrading only.
There is bPreaks eeprom tool program which does the Flash Authorising and calc correctly in 1 button.

Using modificated flashfiles however need some new checksum calculations inside the flashdata first to make it work correctly with the bPreaks.

HouDoe

NokDoc

npiersma
06-05-2002, 07:05 AM
This makes it clear. Thanks for your explanation. I hope my MBUS cable comes in today. There seems to be something about auto-switchable MBUS/FBUS cables. If I am correct I need a MBUS only cable. But why?

Niels

NokDoc
06-05-2002, 05:03 PM
LPT Cable:
For writing and reading raw datablocks only (flashing) .

COM Cable:
Sending and recieving information of fbus/mbus commands/ functions.
(eg obtaining msid nr, logo's from eeprom, faid update...)

NokDoc

NokDoc
06-05-2002, 05:13 PM
Autoswitch?

NonSpan, I have it myself, I can use it on all only not on Dejan's nk_calc but bPreaks tool has the same functions I think.

NokDoc

funshopper_de
15-07-2002, 06:47 AM
...have a Mbuscabel,you can clear the Simlock with a partialfile.

Liam
15-07-2002, 09:20 AM
when cloning from one phone to another, all 4 sim locks tend to close so a partial flash will still not work.

You will need an MBUS cable to clear the SP Locks with Knok or EEPROM Tools

funshopper_de
15-07-2002, 04:34 PM
....@Liam what you say.

For clear Simlocks with Partial you need the Flashercabel.