PDA

View Full Version : what have i done wrong

scottdw
16-05-2003, 03:17 PM
hi,i bought a nokia 6310i on orange uk,and thanks to geezuzz's link unlocked it,(which i might add was very quick)now everything is open on my vodafone uk sim but i cant make or recieve calls,ive looked for hours in the forums for answers but couldnt find any,could someone point me in the right direction or tell me what ive done wrong please.many thanks in advance.scott.

HANDYCRACKER2k2
16-05-2003, 05:13 PM
first try an ohter sim! is it possible that your sim is locked?????

scottdw
16-05-2003, 05:31 PM
thanks for the reply handycracker,i tried a different sim and it was just the same,3 beeps x3 times then cuts off.any other ideas greatly appriciated.also my sim isnt locked because until i can fix mine i keep borrowing my kids phones,but they are getting pretty miffed with me.:D

HANDYCRACKER2k2
16-05-2003, 06:00 PM
hmm, thats strange.... try factory settings!

scottdw
16-05-2003, 06:50 PM
thanks for replying again,im starting to think ive been ripped off,i bought the phone second hand from a market trader,i did see it working on orange b4 buying but wanted to keep my voda sim so got it cheaper without sim,should have known somthing was dodgy when it said it wanted restriction codes.ive tryed to restore factory settings but its just asking for the security code and(big sigh,but no suprises)i dont know it.

Alinus
16-05-2003, 07:24 PM
your phone must be barred

HANDYCRACKER2k2
16-05-2003, 09:02 PM
oh, that could be the reason! donīt think about this, because here in austria they donīt barr phones:D :D :D

resell it outside UK, or change with some one!! donīt know other reasons ????

scottdw
17-05-2003, 07:59 AM
:( is there a way to unbar my phone or have i been ripped off.
ive tried to take it back but, suprise suprise,the man who sold it to me is nowhere to be found.ill be so gutted if ive got to throw my phone away.thanks for the posting help so far.
yours scott, a gullable englishman.