PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a backup 3310 v5.03?

winactive
08-05-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this 'phone unlocking and I've made the mistake of not getting a backup before flashing a partial and now the 'phone won't work!

I've since found what look to be the correct instructions, but can anyone help me restore my 'phone to try again?

If you could e-mail the backup file, I can resurrect (what is at the moment) an expensive paperweight!

INSTRUCTIONS

Here is the solution for Nokia 3310 v5.03

1) Backup your phone from 00290000 to 002A0000
2) Flash the partial with the partial you can find on this site, you have the right adress
3) After that use Nokia Tool and put FFFFF in the MCC+MNC field, try to close the lock you'll get "error closing lock".
4) Switch the phone off before pressing ok to the error warning
5) Flash the orginal 64kb backup block.

I need the backup file from step 1!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeez help!

Visar Mato
08-05-2002, 05:08 PM
Hi
Next time read more before make something like that but don't worry it's nothing.Here it is the solution:
Go at www.gengheraenga.net at nokia mcu ppm section and download a mcu ppm flash for 3310 v 513.You will upgrade version now.you will need to register before.
Upload to your phone with cyberdog flasher or Rolis.
Start Nk_calc or Eeprom tools at com1 with mbus cable
And F1 F2 F3 .Update faid with Noktool Rolis 1.7 if needed.
That's it now your phone has the latest SW.
And next time just With eeprom tools and mbus you can unlock all models Dct3 phones of Nokia.
Regards
Visar

winactive
08-05-2002, 05:51 PM
Thanks 4 the reply. What is MCU and PPM? Why are there different MCU and PPM versions?

Sorry for the questions but I am new at this. :confused:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - I now know MCU is main software rev. and PPM is language, etc., but which PPM do I need for English?

Also can't find Rolis 1.7 or cyberdog flasher - geez this is hard going!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Found Rolis and d/l MCU+PPM a through e, will try all until one works!

Hope this will work! :grin:

winactive
08-05-2002, 07:19 PM
I now have ALL 3310 5.13 MCU + PPM .fls files.

I also have Rolis NokTool 1.7b. How do I program .fls files? I can read phone and it is still v5.03, how do I reprogram?

I am getting a little frustrated! :mad:

Phone has no SIM card installed and is connected on MBUS cable on COM1. What do I do now? :confused:

Visar Mato
08-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Ok go at http://nokiafree.org/forums/software.php?u=&pathext=Nokia/ and download nokiaflashtool.
Start nokiaflashtool Select phone model at 3310.Click Flash/Write flash/adress 20000 to 40000/ok/press on at the phone and thats it/Now you need to start nokiatool rolis and update faid unlock/
Regards

winactive
09-05-2002, 05:12 AM
Phew! I have recovered the 'phone and it is now v5.13!

I will try again when I know what I am doing. :)

Visar Mato
09-05-2002, 07:32 AM
Good Work.
You will learn more things at this forum,just ask if you dont know
something
Regards
Visar

winactive
09-05-2002, 05:36 PM
It seems to be just a question of finding the right software.

Once you have the knowledge of a complete backup recovery you can play to your heart's content!

I am now upgraded to latest s/w and unlocked! Now 4 one of those dual SIM holders...... :)