PDA

View Full Version : Flashing 5190 v6.11 -> v6.71

ande
12-05-2002, 06:59 AM
Hi there,
I currently have an old Nokia 5190 v6.11 that is PUK locked and i want to upgrade it to v6.71. I need an eeprom reader/writer that works in windows XP. Im sort of new to flashing. I have an MBUS/FBUS cable that ill be using to do this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Peaz!

Ande

phonedudes
12-05-2002, 10:13 AM
Well it sounds like you have a combination of situations to deal with.

First 'Flashing' the 5190 from 6.11 to 6.71 (actually 6.73 is the latest) will require to to have a (Parallel Port - Flash Device ie... Dejan type appears to be the most popular). So a simple Mbus/Fbus cable will not work.

To unlock a 5190 you could use your cable with several of the unlocking programs available. If it were Subsidy locked.

However when it requires a PUK that is a function of the SIM card by entering the wrong PIN code in 3x's. So unlocking will do you know good. Since technically the Phone is NOT locked, the SIM is for use in the phone.

If the sim is yours you will be able to get the code from your svc provider, if its not you first need to start with a good sim.

As far as your XP hurdle maybe someone else could post there success. For the best we are aware all the software is 95,98, ME compatible but its iffy on Win 2k, XP.

Phonedudes

ande
12-05-2002, 09:46 PM
Yup I'm going to begin using win98 or winME for my phone appz. Ok so theres no way to do full flashes with my MBUS/FBUS (SERIAL COM1)?
Also what are the types of cables that can do this?
heh ... also anyone have the full 5190 v6.73 software/firmware?
Thanks a ton!

Ande

Lubosse
24-05-2002, 09:10 PM
It's really imposible to flash with MBUS only....

Attached picture contains the scheme of Dejan Flasher...
It's simple to make it... Try it...

Then you can use KNOK software for example :-))

Good luck.

Lubosse

I don't know anything about 5190, sorry.

Originally posted by ande
Yup I'm going to begin using win98 or winME for my phone appz. Ok so theres no way to do full flashes with my MBUS/FBUS (SERIAL COM1)?
Also what are the types of cables that can do this?
heh ... also anyone have the full 5190 v6.73 software/firmware?
Thanks a ton!

Ande

green gerbil
25-05-2002, 06:04 PM
yeah, like he said. you cant do it with mbus alone. But for arround $50 you can buy flasher and mbus cables for most nokia phones all together. I have 2 5190s and they are very nice phones to mess with once you have the proper cable. You can change pictures/tones and text of the software. And, I have yet to see any full flashes above 6.11 so it would be nice if anyone had them. And if the sim is puk'd and not yours then just bring it in and sign up for service without a sim, they should give you one for cheap or free.

ibyn
30-05-2002, 10:15 AM
Am a newbie in cell technology and would like to know if it is possible to convert a 5190 to 5110? Help please.

green gerbil
31-05-2002, 01:14 AM
back up everything and try, heh. Shouldnt work. I think one is euro gsm the other is US gsm.

phonedudes
02-06-2002, 03:00 PM
Like stated above.. a SIM requires the PUK (code) NOT the phone. So flashing will do nothing to remedy that.

So if the sim IS YOURS just call the carrier the will give you the PUK code.. If its not your SIM there isnt much you can do with it anyway. So if you want to use the phone, just sign up for svc and you will get a new sim card.

NO, you CANNOT make a 5190 into a 5110. The transceiver of the 5190 (USA/CANADA) operates on a different frequency (1900mhz) compared to the 5110 Euro Version.

Besides even if you could you would not want to because all the USA/CANADA models are stripped down versions of the EURO/ASIAN versions!

Phonedudes

ibyn
03-06-2002, 05:27 AM
Tenks for the reply.

ande
17-06-2002, 04:15 PM
so i got it flashed and stuff from a working 5190 v6.11 I had and no more puk. (Of course the SIM was fucked but who gives a crap about that.)
I still havent found 5190 NSB-1 6.71 or 6.81 software anywhere tho in partials or full.

If anyone can find these for me you will be greatly rewarded!

Thanks!!