PDA

View Full Version : How can you have .wav ringtones on the 9210?

DJWard
23-05-2003, 12:08 PM
I'm absolutely fine with the Nokia 9210, but looking at this forum, from time to time I find people talking about .wav ringtones and was wondering if anybody could help me with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SubWoofer
23-05-2003, 01:51 PM
hmm.. what do u want to know???

-first, get a program that can edit wave files.. ( if u use mp3.. make sure that the program can read mp3 then save it to wave)
-choose a wav format.. the more mb it takes, d better sound quality..
-If u want short ringtone.. cut ur wav.. then save it..
-copy ur wav to ur phone...
-some people copy full wav to their cell.. one song can be 2mb - 4mb.. but u'll have to test all kinds of wave.. because, believe me.. there's so many..
-I use Goldwave to cut and convert mp3 to wave.. use kazaa or find it at yahoo..

ok??

DJWard
23-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Well i'd like to have a .wav or .mp3 file as a ringtone if its possible.

Also, can you have sounds to play when a promt comes up? For example, a 'ding' sound when it cofirms you want to delete something.

Cheers

SubWoofer
25-05-2003, 02:29 AM
It is possible to to usa your wav as ringtone.. but not mp3..

[Also, can you have sounds to play when a promt comes up? For example, a 'ding' sound when it cofirms you want to delete something.]

Don't know either.. maybe someone knows how..

zod
26-05-2003, 05:46 AM
well look through the diff threads here or you could just simply surf the net and if you find tha good wav file you want to use as ur ring tone simply choose it from the edit profile list or you can assign it to one or more of your friends on the contacts ... you need to activate pesonal tones for this to work ... and yes its sad ... you cant use mp3 or midi files as rign tones ... :p