PDA

View Full Version : helix 9 settings

nastee
24-05-2003, 12:55 AM
is there a way to watch movies full screen? i converted some videos but, its small and the frame rate sucks. i downloaded eminem and linkin park from someones site and that looks pretty good. it covers most of the screen except for the top and bottom where it shows real player. thanks.

bannanaa
25-05-2003, 07:34 PM
can any1 help? wad r the settings to convert a mpeg file into a format tat can be viewed in 3650? wad r the settings thanz...

whipit
26-05-2003, 07:32 PM
I use the following settings and they run smoothly on my 3650:

Audio Mode: Voice (for movies) or Music (for music videos)

Video Mode: Smoothest Motion

Video Codec: Real Video 8

Resize Video to: 176x144 (disable maintain aspect ratio)

Audience: 128k dual ISDN, leave the default settings as is except for the target frame rate, change it to 8 fps.

NOTE:

leave the following enabled (checked);

*use high quality resampler audio
* 2-pass video encoding (optional)

disabling 2-pass video encoding will make the encoding process faster, but enabling it gives you somewhat better results, but it's negligible, so you may disable it if you wish.

If the above-stated settings lag when you're playing it in your 3650 using real player, just fiddle with the settings of real player, you can try these settings for real player;

Video Settings
Video: high framerate
Automatic Scaling: on

Playback Settings
Repeat:off

Network Settings
Default Access Point: none
Bandwidth: automatic
Maximum Bandwidth: 40.2
Lowest port: 6970
Highest port: 7170

Proxy Settings
Use proxy: none
Host address: none
Port 1091

With the above-mentioned Helix settings, expect the quality to be good but the file size will definitely be large, a 20 minute video might turn out to be around 60 to 70 megabytes in size.

Hope this helps.

whipit
26-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Helix producer converts video files to rm format. If you want to convert video files to mpeg4 files playable on the 3650, use Pvauthor (there's a 60 day trial copy available from the packet video website, just download it there).

I use Pvauthor because, with the proper settings, I get better video quality as opposed to using Helix Producer. The downside with Pvauthor is the audio, Helix producer seems to give better quality in terms of audio.

Basically, here's what I think of the two programs (Pvauthor and Helix Prodcer):

Pvauthor:

Pros:
*Easy to learn
*Simple interface
*Fast encoding
*Ver good video quality

Cons:
*Audio not so good (even when using 12.20 3gpp audio which is the highest setting available)
*To-date, still no crack available, you're limited to the 60-day evaluation copy

Helix Producer

Pros:
*Cracked version already available
*Good audio rendering
*Good video rendering
*Fast encoding (when 2-pass video encoding is disabled)

Cons:
*Interface is more complex compared to Pvauthor
*Video quality isn't as good compared to Pvauthor even when using the same bitrate and video size
*Learning curve is harder compared to Pvauthor.

Summary:
Pvautor: Very good video but lousy audio

Helix: Good video and audio (best balance for both video and audio)

* If you're planning to use a headset when watching your videos, then I suggest you use Pvauthor, cuase with the headset, the audio is ok.

NOTE: The above-stated observation is only my personal opinion, you should try both programs and draw your own conclusions.

fnvillafuerte
27-05-2003, 08:29 AM
Hi, whipit;

I tried converting an .mpg movie to .rm using HelixProducer 9. I followed exactly what you've written above but my phone can't play the movie, it gives an error message "unable to play clip." But the clip play well on my PC. What could be wrong? Any more suggestion? I'm using 3650 w/ firmware version 2.50.

Thanks!

whipit
27-05-2003, 08:58 AM
The settings I mentioned should work, It runs smoothly on my 3650. Hmmm! what could be the problem? did you use the settings exactly as mentioned? did you use the real video 8 codec? If so, then that's very strange, try swithching the bandwidth under network settings of real player from automatic to manual, see if it works. By the way, how much free ram do you have (the on board memory, not the mmc)? I've got around 2.8mb free ram, I don't know if that's relevant though.

You can also try using Pvauthor to convert your video files to mpeg4, you can aso play them using real player.

Usew these settings for pv author:

176x144 screen size

12.20, 8khz, mono, 3gpp audio

200000 custom bitrate

7.49 fps (you can try 9.90 fps but I'm not sure if it will run smoothly, you can try it)

Again, the above-stated settings run smoothly on my 3650, and the video is very clear, but the file size is rather large, for 1hour+ video clips, I use 128,000 bitrate, the video is still good.

The 200000 custom bitrate is good for videos that are more or less 30 mins. long only. It might end up being 60 to 80 megabytes large.

nastee
27-05-2003, 10:44 PM
i used your setting and mine also says unable to play clip.

whipit
31-05-2003, 01:48 PM
It runs smoothly on my 3650, I can't figure out why it won't run in your phone. Try lowering the bitrate or the screen size for the meantime.

AMKOR
08-06-2003, 05:04 PM
i'VE tried using the settings that was posted and I got a error message. CLIP NOT PLAYABLE ..... i guess it doesnt work very well what settings have you tried when converting so i can use the video clip on my phone

whipit
09-06-2003, 10:27 AM
The settings I posted (both for the helix and pvauthor) works very well on my 3650, I don't know why it won't run on your phones. Have you tried other settings? try lowering the bitrate and the screen size, can you post the settings you currently use that works on your phones?

crazy_b
09-06-2003, 10:38 AM
hi guys ;
do u know where can i download this software or can u give me a direct link or share it plz

thanks in advance

Shalim
11-06-2005, 06:13 AM
Can someone share the setting for nokia 6630 please.