PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

ultimasnake2
15-05-2002, 07:33 PM
Ok i am new to flashing nokia phones... what software can i use best to flash my phone to the newest version? i got a link from a previous post.. (the link was:http://www.gsmunlock.sk/members/bRAd/
(gsm/gsm) )

but do i need al the files? and i have a DATA cable .. with a FBUS and a MBus switch on it.. or do i need another cable :S

i want to update my nokia 3310 v5.03 to the newest 5.47 version

PS i never flashed my phone before

ultimasnake2
15-05-2002, 07:41 PM
:eek: found out the forum has a site to :P got here trough google :) found the FAQ :) hope it tells me enough... answers always welcome ;)

BleedR
16-05-2002, 03:22 PM
ok, first of all, to update software you need FLASH & DATA cable!
With the Flash cable u are writting the "stuff" into your phone - ie sw!
With the Data cable u are fixing the faid!

Ok, there are several programms and most of them are good!
The origin stuff is for sure by deqn (dejan) but it's on a dos surface so u will maybe use something more userfreindly :)?
well i use rolis - 4.77 -> there are many version, from 4.78beta1-5 to final to 5.xx, but i can suggest you to use 4.77, because i'm using it and it's ok (well DONT use 5.xx)! :)
Ok this is for the flash! Before u flash make an FULL BACKUP!!!
Ok, when u got that and everything is fine your gsm will restart and won't find network - that's normal ;)
Now comes the data cable into play -> just start EEpromtools 3.1 or Rolis NokTool or other one of the new Nokia Tools and fix the faid!
In some cases u wil lget errors like cant get MSID! Then make A factory reset and retry with updating faid!

GreetZ!

ultimasnake2
16-05-2002, 05:16 PM
Darn have to get a separate flash cable? :( sob :(... i never found them and i have a datacable that is MBUS and FBUS.. heard that MBUS is the one for the memory :S or did i misunderstood it..... because i never saw any other cables on sites for the 3310 :S