PDA

View Full Version : MMC Format Problem

isacca
29-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Hi all

It's nice to meet u all there.
I'm new to the 9210i. I got one before a month. I bought a 32MB MMC card...the phone recognizes the card & it works fine. But when i try to format it...it doesn't! everything keeps the same on the card.
This happened with my older MMC card...I can't format it ! it works fine but when you it comes to FORMAT...it says FILE IN USE or FILE IS READ ONLY!

Anybody knows a solution?
Hope so

Regards

DJWard
29-05-2003, 07:31 PM
My suggestions would be.... check to see wether any programs are currently running and close them if there are some.

Another suggestion would be to uninstall all the programs stored on the memory card, done through the Control Panel.

I can't honestly think of any other suggestions to help, however if these don't work either, your phone might be faulty, some Nokias that ive had to fix were a couple of weeks hold, and couln't read the sim card properly.

If the product is under a year old, you will have the Nokia warranty on it, so you can take it to a Nokia replair centre, and they'll fix it for free, if its faulty.

Hope I was some help.

King Ahmar
29-05-2003, 08:22 PM
hi there if u really want to format your memory card then u must do it like this...turn it off,take the bettry out for 5secs then put it in,and when the communicator inner light getsn,get ready to press SHIFT+CRTL+F togather and when logo appears press them for 3 4 time and then format ur 9210
i guess i couldn't write it in a simple way:rolleyes: but some how it woks try it:D

isacca
30-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.
Ctrl+Shift+f only formats the device's memory.
Anyhow...I already went through uninstalling all apps found on the MMC...I deleted all available folders too...This is the only way.

Thanks