PDA

View Full Version : Tipicme instant messenger

rarr
29-05-2003, 02:40 PM
www.tipicme.com

Did a search and no one seems to have reviewed this app yet so here goes...

Theres 2 version, basic and pro, basic is free and the pro one is $4.99 a month or something but the basic one is good enough for most.

Install on a 3650 on the MMC card.

Took awhile to get it going, kept crashing, not conencting etc but once its running it works good. No file sending or anything like that though but is able to connect to MSN, yahoo, AIM and ICQ.

Delivery of the messages you send isnt guaranteed and errors do occur but thats only happened a couple of times in the hours and hours I've been connected. Also some people are online but dont appear to be and unless they message you or you know that they are online then it can be a pain :rolleyes:

No idea on kb usage as i'm using it through WAP. A few things though, I've had problems sending emails and using Doris while its running, well you can forget about using Doris while its running. Seems a bit of a resource killer but hey when I'm sat in the pub talking on MSN I'm not about to complain.

regards.

Roo
15-06-2003, 03:12 PM
I can't even get it to 1%, it just keeps coming back with some problem with the GPRS connection, although its up and my signal is high.

Anyone help?

spinonit
16-06-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Roo
I can't even get it to 1%, it just keeps coming back with some problem with the GPRS connection, although its up and my signal is high.

Anyone help?

Check ur username/password n install on fone memory....ie. not on mmc.

Roo
16-06-2003, 01:50 PM
hmm I tried it on the phone memory this first time I installed, then after reading this I unistalled it and re-installed it to the MMC, yet it still doesn't work. And I know my username and password are fine...

spinonit
17-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Roo
hmm I tried it on the phone memory this first time I installed, then after reading this I unistalled it and re-installed it to the MMC, yet it still doesn't work. And I know my username and password are fine...

How much free mem u got? i guess this proggie needs alot. Also check with ur provider....are all ports open...especially da 1 tipicme uses for msn n yahoo....try playing around a bit by changing it to port 80 or sumthin? Is ur tipicme id enabled/working...login to da site @tipicme n confirm once.....im not sure but i guess da format is [email protected] on da site....n lastly if nuthin werks....reboot...lol....all da best n cheers mate!

Spin

Roo
17-06-2003, 05:36 PM
got loads of memory, dunno bout my network, but I am on Orange, although it doesn't seem to let any programs get to the net?!? I installed a web browser...and it doesn't let that connect to the GPRS either.

Does anyone know if Orange PAYSGO allow stuff like this?

spinonit
18-06-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Roo
got loads of memory, dunno bout my network, but I am on Orange, although it doesn't seem to let any programs get to the net?!? I installed a web browser...and it doesn't let that connect to the GPRS either.

Does anyone know if Orange PAYSGO allow stuff like this?

Thas why tipicme wont work! Have u defined ur access point n other settings? I doubt it. Call up orange n get your connexion setup. Also confirm your gprs/www access is working.

cheers!

Roo
18-06-2003, 07:14 AM
Yeah all my GRPS settings are working perfect, I got them set up when I first brought the phone. I can ge onto WAP, just not through any programs. Is there somekind of setting that I need to check?

Thanks for your help.

spinonit
18-06-2003, 01:25 PM
wot u have my friend is WAP. Do u have www access tho? Pls call orange and confirm this. Orange is known to sell da 2 seperately in various parts of da world.

Glad to help...cheers!
/spin

Roo
18-06-2003, 01:50 PM
No I have GPRS, I ain't stupid.

boo1985
19-06-2003, 06:04 AM
no man... u dont get it. i had the same problem as u too. it was solved after i setup another access pt for internet.

there are 2 types of access points for gprs. one for wap, another for world wide web. i think usually onli the wap is set for u (in my case onli wap was setup). u have to config another just for internet access.

spinonit
19-06-2003, 06:44 AM
do as boo1985 says///but 1st CALL ORANGE n ask if u have WWW ACCESS ie. Internet Access.

Most prolly if its free, its not www ;) :D

Roo
19-06-2003, 07:53 AM
Okay will do,

Will let you know how I get on...

spinonit
23-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Roo
Okay will do,

Will let you know how I get on...

Didya get it on mate? :D

Roo
23-06-2003, 12:12 PM
I am gonna ring them later, the problem is that www access is not allowed through the GPRS filter, so I have to go with the normal WAP settings instead. Trying to find them.

Does anyone have the normal Orange WAP settings that they could psot up?

Thanks.

spinonit
23-06-2003, 12:22 PM
send an sms to 12323 or ur service #...n they will send u config settings auto in form of sms.....u gotta save those.

cheers!
/spin

Roo
01-07-2003, 02:49 PM
hmm right got my settings for WAP, tried dialing up through that and it still tells me to check my GPRS connection settings...wtf is all that about?

darkone338
01-07-2003, 08:05 PM
dude.. there are several types of GPRS connections.. I'm on O2 and have 3 service types.. When an app wants to connect to the internet, it asks me which of the 3 services I want to use...

1) WAP over GPRS
2) Mobile Web over GPRS
3) MMS over GPRS

The WAP browser is just about the only thing that works over the WAP over GPRS connection. If I want to use tipicme I have to select Mobile Web over GPRS.

So you see what people are saying... just cos you have WAP, it dont mean that you have the "Mobile Internet" connection that you need to run this app. WAP runs ON a GPRS connection... You need full internet access over GPRS.

You NEED to contact Orange and ask them to set you up with full GPRS connectivity for wap AND mobile web, they are 2 seperate things...

HTH

Sawyer2003
19-11-2003, 02:56 PM
where are the settings for msn accounts to connect to msn messenger in tipicme please ?

dquan1
06-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know of a wap site that has it?
So i can download it off the phone!

zedmorpheus
18-04-2004, 02:25 PM
so is there any messenger client that works on wap gprs?!