PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6610 - Datasuite 5.1 - Datacable & Camera

neester
30-05-2003, 01:10 AM
I just bought all that today.
Im trying to hook it all up to the PC.

I bought the cable and installed the datasuite, but the PC wont recognise the Cable?
It just sez new Hardware Detected and will not install any drivers, and then the DataSuite doesnt detect the cable.

What do i do?

Please help as my camera is taking up all my memory, i wanna clear out everything.

cprafferty
30-05-2003, 01:46 AM
If you read the blurb in the install it says to install the cable first (you should have a driver CD) then to install the datasuite.

neester
30-05-2003, 01:56 AM
I didnt get a driver CD??
its weird...
:(

the cable has a litttle box on it, and i think that its meant to be plug and play or sumthing.

im returnin to the shop 2nite, coz the Cable sez its for the 7210 and the 6100, so maybe hte 6610 has a diff cable, but i doubt it since the camera works on both 7210 and 6610...

yjagota
30-05-2003, 08:13 AM
Where did your cable fitted in your phone? At the back after removing the battery or at the bottom of the phone? If it fitted at the back, PC Suite won't detect it at any cost.

All the things or accessories that work with 7210 also work with 6610. You don't have to bother about that. If 7210 is written on the supported list, it will also support 6610. The camera will too work fine with 6610.

neester
30-05-2003, 02:29 PM
No it connects at the bottom of the phone.
weird...
im going to try a few more times, but its not really working well.

:(

the computer sez:

NOKIA 6610 CABLE DETECTED

then it Fails to install new drivers after i already installed them from the driver CD...
wtf?

yjagota
31-05-2003, 07:41 AM
Ok...U can try this...

1. Uninstall PC Suite...RESTART <-Important
2. Now see if Cable Modem for 6610 or 7210 or anything related to Nokia Cable for 6610 is still there in your Hardware Devices Menu. If you see anyone of them there, delete them.
3. Computer will ask you to restart, don't restart now. First Plug your phone and cable to the PC and then reinstall PC Suite. RESTART.
4. If computer says new hardware detected for the cable, skip or cancel it and start Nokia Suite. (Connection Manager - CM will automatically start). See in the CM that Cable connection is activated i.e. First button is lit up green in CM window.

This should work for you, if it don't, tell me...

Good Luck,
Yo!

neester
31-05-2003, 08:45 AM
I have tried that heaps,
i have tried:

IR on laptop (winNT not supported! didnt work!!!)
IR on other laptop (its ME, and DataSuite was crashing)
DataCable on XP (Kept wanting drivers after i already 'installed' them from the CD - It knew it was a Nokia 6610 Cable, it just didnt have the drivers for it, but i ran the installer... it was supposidly installed...)
DataCable on Win2K (Tried on 2 diff Win2K machines, Both didnt recognise the Cable... :()

please help I really want to get this working

yjagota
31-05-2003, 08:54 AM
If you have a IR Adapter, then try using it instead of the Data Cable. IrDAs have a lot of problems regarding proper drivers. Search for the best and newest drivers for your IrDA for your specific OS and install them. They should work fine.

And one more thing, if you can't find drivers for WinXP, try using drivers for Win2000 on XP. They usually work...

neester
31-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Awww i really want to use the datacables.
I dont like using IR.

I have read that other people have experieced similar problems with the DataCables...

I have all the right drivers etc....
It just wont function properly!
My camera is coming monday so i really want to get it working by then.

Please if anyone has any advice or help, please share it with me!

:D:D:D
Thanks!