PDA

View Full Version : dejan flasher cable for earlier nokias in newer ones

liteFun
17-05-2002, 02:52 PM
i have schematic where is Vpp and Btemp marked, but the are eg. in 5510. do i just leave them off or is there needed any modifications?

could you put those flasher schematics somewhere ordered by phone type so i could select eg. 5510 and see right flasher schematic for it?

Adven
17-05-2002, 04:16 PM
Btemp & Vpp are only used for 3210!

I'm not aware of any other phones that use them, so all you need is :- Mbus
Fbus Tx
Fbus Rx
Ground.

Hope this helps!

liteFun
18-05-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Adven
Btemp & Vpp are only used for 3210!

I'm not aware of any other phones that use them, so all you need is :- Mbus
Fbus Tx
Fbus Rx
Ground.

Hope this helps!

yes it helps.. but my text was weird because there was some words drop out.

but why this Vpp and Btemp are for 3210?
what is the difference for flashing with 3210?
can 3210 be flashed power off, if it gets power through Vpp or Btemp?

and.. can i get ringtone editor from my 3210 software and put it to 5510 software somehow?
i don't want to carry 2 phones for making melodies on the road.

and i have understood that if i flash modified software to phone, it's erased if i use "reset factory defaults" ?
(so i could modify for only my use, and if i sell phone, i just reset factory defaults?)

phonedudes
18-05-2002, 04:23 PM
As noted the ONLY connections required on all phones but the 3210 are

Mbus , Fbus RX, Fbus TX, and Gnd

Not sure why the 3210 requires Vpp having never flashed one.

The (Btemp) can be used on other model phones (NOT 51xx 61xx 71xx series), its purpose is to auto Power on the Phone instead of hitting the pwr button.

Phonedudes

liteFun
19-05-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by phonedudes
Not sure why the 3210 requires Vpp having never flashed one.

The (Btemp) can be used on other model phones (NOT 51xx 61xx 71xx series), its purpose is to auto Power on the Phone instead of hitting the pwr button.

Phonedudes

hmm.. ok. now i'm wondering why nokia left out Btemp in newer phones :) or was they too lazy in nokia when doing earlier models? haha :)

hard-ware
09-06-2002, 01:51 AM
Hello to all,

I'm having a problem when flashing my 3210 it says buffer to low even MCU.... but the flasher is ok coz i have flash my 5110 and it works, what could be the problem with my 3210 cable? it is connected to a converter from ps/2 to serial through the flasher... i can't continue even reading a flash of 3210. Am using rolis 4.77 flasher.. I also check the connection on my 3210 cable all the pins are ok am not sure bout the connections through the flasher..

Please someone there help me.. do i have to modify my 3210 data cable? if i will, what will i do?

Thanks.....

NLOGOMASTER
26-06-2002, 08:42 PM
to hard_ware

that usually happen on 3210 cables,
be sure to hold firmly the connector down to the contact of the board(check if its clean)check continuity of wires sometimes it maybe faulty cable
like loose Vpp,without Vpp it wont read 3210 units,