PDA

View Full Version : 8210 a werid problem, plz help

angelus8613
01-06-2003, 11:45 PM
hi, I have a 8210 that I was trying to flash.

I have used a lot of different mcu and ppm and eeprom files but have had no success. I have used versions:

5.30 (2 different files)
5.31 (2 different files)

I have basically read the posts in this forum, and I think I know what I am doing. hook the phone up with a dct3 flasher cable, use rollis 4.77, position the mcu and ppm file in for a flash, flash the phone, and then use the write button to flash the eeprom. I have had success with a 3310 before I went onto the 8210.

afterwards update the FAID, restore factory settings, or the other way around, not that sure. and unlock the sp locks, and reset the imei to orginal.

I have read that the mcu and ppm have to be the same versions or else "contact service" will appear. however I have been using the single file type flashes for 8210, and each time the phone comes up with "contact service". I have even tried the ones in the download sections in this forum.

I know some people might suggest me to update the FAID but that cannot happen as it is done after a successful flash on the MCU, ppm and eeprom.

I would like some opinions as to what I should do next please? am I doing something wrong? and can someone let me know if they have a working mcu and ppm and eeprom file for the 8210 because I 'd like to see if this 8210 would take it.

thanks.

Phusuke
02-06-2003, 01:48 AM
hmmm, by the way wat seems to be the problem of the fone and why did u have to flash it.

r u tryin to convert it into 8250
or just tryin to upgrade the version
doesnt it have any signal

let us know

chunkhead
02-06-2003, 05:33 AM
Use Eeprom tools 4.0, uncheck the box that says DDR On, click the magnifying glass, it should read your phone info, and then click "Test"! This will tell you the reason for Contact Service! If it mentions the Cobba, it's a hardware issue, but if it says, MCU or the likes, just flash a full flash from a working phone to it and all should be fine! Remember 8210's are Rom5 and Rom6! Make sure you are using an 8210 Flash file!!!;)

angelus8613
02-06-2003, 07:51 AM
I have just found out that only the f/bus is working on my cable, and not the m/bus. I suppose that is the main reason why nothing is working. because I 've done the same to a 3310 before and on that cable the m/bus was working as well.

am I correct to assume that the m/bus working makes all the difference?

danwood76
03-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Programmes like Eeprom tools and nokia tool use the m/bus section of your datacable!

In the flasher cable Rollis would tell you if the cable was faulty!
If it says 'flash write ok' then your cable is fine!!

Just make sure that when you flash it that you flash the MCU and PPM in the correct addresses in the flash because if they aren't then you will get 'contact service'!

angelus8613
06-06-2003, 01:33 AM
hi, I have found out something new as well. the 8210 has a rom 5 or 6 option. so far I have been flashing the phone with rom 6 (version 5.27 onwards) files, am I correct in assuming that rom 6 flash files don't work on rom 5 phones?

if so does anyone know a site where I can find rom 5 nokia 8210 flash files?

thanks for any help given so far, much appreciated.

angelus8613
06-06-2003, 01:48 AM
and another thing, I don't know if you people get your stuff from ebay, but I have bought 3 lots of flasher cables from ebay, and none of the 8210 cable bits work!!

they all work on f/bus, but not the m/bus.

guess it must be a common fault of something.

danwood76
06-06-2003, 12:20 PM
It may not be the cable but the contacts on your phone??
Clean them with a solvent cleaner, this should solve any problem with contact!

Are you good with electronics??
If so I can mail you circuit diagrams for an automatically switching data/flasher cable that I am currently building!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have flashed the wrong version of software for the CPU version you will get a message on the screen like this:
ASIC <=> SW

also you use a data cable which connects to your COM port for Eeprom tools and Nokia tool!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the contact service problem is due to incorrect eeprom information, I will post you an eeprom to night when I get home!