PDA

View Full Version : I've killed it

mickjh
19-05-2002, 12:19 AM
Hello m8s

I've just found this place and i love it!!

Sitting here bored last night,with all my stuff working fine,( even europeonline is working, bringing down several gigs a day with no incompletes) and no MOSCs or goldies to play with i had the bright idea (stupid really) of updating the software on my favourite phone ...Nokia 7110 V4.84.
This is where my problems start,as i'm running xp most flash utilities don't work.
In fact the only one i could get to work was nokia DCT3 service pro by XPMobile, so all the step by step guides i have don't mention this .So being a smartarse i went ahead with the upgrade anyway.
I made a backup then went ahead and flashed the phone with a full flash, it seemed to sort of work but on redoing the faid etc. i must of buggered it up somewhere as the phone came on but did'nt like it's new software and kept turning it's self off and when it was on i could not access any menu's etc. everything looked ok to me (sp locks closed then opened ,recalc faid etc using Nokia Tool v3.03) but as i had tried everything i could think of (not a lot) it was time for bed .

So morning comes to a soggy Newcastle and logic says DON'T PANIC ....
...reflash the back up and all will be well and that nasty need to tinker with stuff that i know not enough about would have been well satisified........................................................PANIC............
On reflashing the backup in a half asleep state i may (thats a laugh) have flashed to the wrong address and now it will not power up at all!!!! ..I'm going liggy eyed at reading different things abut this sort of thing bearing in mind that the only softeware i can get to work is the afore mentioned and the phone will not power up.

PS I love this phone nearly as much as my kids as i've had loads
of different phones but this is the best for txt writing thanks to the roller (builders fingers) . If this dos'nt work i will take the youngest lads 6110 off him and if he complains i'll stop his pocket money HE-HE

Sorry about the long post but .....it's good to linger!!!!!

PPS PLEEEASE HELP!!!!

Adven
19-05-2002, 08:58 PM
You could try downloading a copy of PartitionMagic 7 (this version supports XP) and partitioning your hard drive, then install a copy of ME Win98SE on a second partition and then run all the unlocking/flashing software from there !!!!
Good Luck

mickjh
19-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Adven

Thanks for the reply m8!

Good idea!!, i will certainly think about that.

thanks again

Mick

rax
22-05-2002, 12:00 AM
:( @mickjh

I've had loads of problems with a 7110. Nick the kids money and run!!! You need to run 98se or me. Most of the unlockers and flashers will not run on W2K and XP. EEprom Tolls and Rolis Flasher, Nokia Flashtool7.3 and NSE IMIE Changer, among them are the mutts. Finding reliable mcu+ppm???? I have a full 4.84 backup to get you going?

Valis13
22-05-2002, 02:13 AM
Any chance you have 4.88 MCU+PPM E ?
Cheers
Chris

mickjh
23-05-2002, 05:18 PM
Hello rax
A new slant on things comes about after getting sick as a chip i took it to a local Nokia agent only to be told that they could'nt do a thing with it and i might want to send it directly to Nokia for them to fix it.
So me being me i took it to another agent to be told that it was 99.9% certain they could fix it but after a couple of days they came back with the same reply so it looks like i've fooked it now, Bearing in mind this cost something like £100+vat.
Thanks for the offer of help, i don't know what to do next?
Again m8 Ta for the offer.

Mick

rax
27-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Mick

Sorry to hear that! My kids managed to get a 71 on Ebay for 50 squid:(

Chris if I get a 4.88 (that works) I'll post it.

Jim

mickjh
28-05-2002, 10:13 AM
rax

I'll go and have a look there then.

Thanks for the reply m8

Mick

wfc
28-05-2002, 11:12 AM
get a little progam called user port which will allow you to use flashing software in winxp