PDA

View Full Version : microcontroller attached to nokia to send SMS

velasconcept
19-05-2002, 07:43 AM
HI everyone;

i've been researching the internet for months now. i can seem to find the answers. (even AT commands or PDU does not seem to work)

need your help on HOW AN EXTERNAL MICROCONTROLLER (CIRCUIT) CAN TELL NOKIA 32XX OR 51XX TO SEND SMS MESSAGES TO OTHER CELPHONES.

it's a motion sensor that when triggered, sends signal to a microcontroller external circuit (attached to a celphone) that activates a celphone to send message to another celphone.

i found an automatic telephone dialer circuit (with microcontroller) in the internet, instead of the telephone - i'l be using a celphone.

i really need YOUR help on this project.

any suggestion on how i can do this?

NokDoc
19-05-2002, 08:01 AM
To use PDU AT commands for eg sms sending U first have to install the Nokia Commander Data Suite Com port driver.

Command to be used in terminal emulation program AT+CMGS=...

Good Luck

NokDoc

velasconcept
19-05-2002, 10:10 AM
thanks.

but do you know of a "hex code" i can use to communicate with the nokia 5110 or 3210 for the microcontroller?

its better use the microcontroller instead of a PC (anyway, the device will just be monitoring instrusions, a PC is an overkill for the application).

NokDoc
19-05-2002, 11:36 AM
Can't answer to that, I'm sorry.

NokDoc

Mulder3
19-05-2002, 02:32 PM
try fbus protocol, you can find f/mbus specs on the net.

Athlon
19-05-2002, 03:21 PM
Why don't you use gprs instead of gsm?.
Check this link for more information on gprs.
http://www.mobilegprs.com.
I am currently involved in the development of a microprocessor based data collecting system which collects infomation form 1500 locations in real time and delivers this information to a main frame computer for analisys.
This is close to what you are looking for.

Greetings from Portugal