PDA

View Full Version : Changed SP IDs in flash but loosing signal

badger
21-05-2002, 01:33 PM
Hi,
In the UK BTCellnet and One2One have just changed their names to O2 and T-Mobile. I was just messing about with my 6210 and read the MCU+PPM out. I then used a hex editor to change BTCellnet to O2 and One2One to T-Mobile. I loaded this back into the phone and it showed the new SP ID on the display but it wouldn't hold the signal. This is a symptom of incorrect faid so I updated the faid using every different app I have but it made no difference. I also ran KNOK and clicked "Check and fix checksums" (this took a real long time!). Still it wouldn't hold the signal. What am I doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

galaxes
21-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Try in KnoK 22 "Quick set FAID"

badger
21-05-2002, 02:55 PM
I tried that, no good unfortunately/

NokDoc
21-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Load the flash in ppmmanager091 by From_Vanoff.

Do update all checks and save it again.

Then flash and Quick set faid in knok22.

NokDoc

badger
22-05-2002, 09:13 AM
I shall give it a try tonight.

badger
22-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Thanks NokDok and Galaxes. I followed NokDoks instructions exactly. Phone now works 100% with 2 new SP IDs.
Quick set FAiD seems to be the key.
I wrote the flash using Knok22 but is amazingly sloooooooow.
I assume that if I run Update all checksums in PPManager and save the flash I can then write it with Nokia Flashtool by Cyberdog 2001 which takes a fraction of the time. Then run Quick set FAiD using knok22?

Now I have got the hang of the simple stuff, where are all the menu texts and "Enter Pin code" etc located so I can modify further?
Again, thanks a lot guys.