PDA

View Full Version : 7110 flash memory chip

sysop104
21-05-2002, 09:16 PM
Hi,
I have an 7110 which I have flash it with firmware 5.01 (latest).
The telephone keeeps switching on and off and frezees. Or sometimes it doesnt even switching on and requires to remove battery for few secs before we can switch it on again.
Now since I didnt backed up I dont know if what I see is a firmware issue or was already a hardware problem. It is very possible to be the second. I physically open the telephone.
Inside there is a small battery. Anyone knows what is it for and what happens if it runs out?
I have already upgrade the eeprom area with as virgin eeprpom
and then rewrite back the original IMEI and use eeprom tools 3.1 to update FAID and repair the new eeprom.
Still the telephone persists to have a random behaviour on swithcing on and is freezing randomly when trying to accept menus.
One thing I just notice and that is why I write this email to the list is the following: Rollis 1.8 nokia tool will report the security code as "Failed"
The telephone however still accepts 12345 but when one is trying to change it , it always freezes and then U can only remove the baterry and reboot it. Or if U just left it frozen it will switch off itself after 1/2 mins...
I suspect from this that maybe it is something with the area in memory where it stores the security code. (something there corrupt?)

Anyone has a *full* backup from a 7110 (200000 to 600000) so I can flash anything and see if it is after all the hardware? (what ever firmaware version is ok!).

Many Thanks,

sysop104
21-05-2002, 09:24 PM
I was mistaken:
I was able to change (after a few freezes) the security code.
But the telephone switches off itself randomly (while U R accessing a menu).

Still I would like to find a full backup from a functional 7110 and test it to my tel. If anyone can supply that (200000 - 600000) I would be greatful.

brough
19-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Hi. I have exactly the same problems with my 7110 in that it switches off by itself without me touching it. It also switches off whenever I am making a phone call. I have flashed it and reflashed it with a full flash but with no success.
Have you managed to solve this problem? I am starting to think it's a hardware problem.