PDA

View Full Version : 3310-security data failed

windbreaker
22-05-2002, 04:09 AM
I always encountered this kind of problem when you open the cellphone signal will come out after 3 secs. no network and auto shut off and when i read the status using winddp it say SECURITY DATA FAILED. Is this a software problem or hardware? Help....

xeros
22-05-2002, 07:01 AM
I think it's a software problem (Faid checksums are not maching the calculated checksums).
First - try to Update Faid in Nokia Tool by Rolis (1.7b or 1.8), Knok22, nc_calc or something simmilar.
If this wont help you try to use logger and faid calculator and after updating other checksums try Nokia Tool.
If that will not help either try to reflash the phone using good full flash (MCU+PPM+eeprom).
The text 'SECURITY DATA FAILED' doesn't say enough, but that's my suggestion and maybe can help.
Before doing anything I suggest you to do a copy (full backup) of yours flash.

Regards...

windbreaker
22-05-2002, 08:18 AM
thanks xeros 4 the response I already did the things that you mentioned. First I calculate the faid using rolis 1.8 still same situation network is fading and auto shutoff when searching, after that I upgrade it using winddp from V5.03 to V5.11 still d same situation and I upload new eeprom using darkflasher still d same and lastly I use Logger and faid calculator by b-phreaks and still the same situation.What else can i do? Help.....Any more ideas?.....