PDA

View Full Version : Torch on 3310

obeids
08-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Hi guys

I saw the service light picture on the other thread and then i saw a nokia 5100 ands something came into my mind to make a nokia 3310 with a torch. Well i did it successfully.

what i did was took 2 0603 leds stuck them on either side of my power button and then i wired it to one of my keypad leds. I used transformer wire(insulated wire). The thing realy shines nice. not as good as a normal torch but quite good for total darkness.

What i noticed is that the nokia 3310 has a lot of place in the antenna place. so what i decided that i will rather try to drill the top of the casing and fit two 3mm white or blue leds and on the right hand side of the phone fit a small press button to on the torch. Im just waiting for the stocks to arrive in 3mm leds then i will give it a go!!!:rolleyes:

And if anybody got some ideas please post here!!

pico
09-06-2003, 08:53 AM
search the forum, your idea is old news..
i remember pictures/guide also. maybe that will help when your components are in stock

liteFun
09-06-2003, 03:12 PM
i have been thinking that too.
clear back cover on 3310, leds to antenna, switch, wires straight from battery...
problem is that don't have small switch. trying to recycle old broken stuff as much as i can. i have many leds and some mag-lite style small bulbs (like leds).
those bulbs are so bright that can't compare with super bright leds. and no matter for + or - too :)