PDA

View Full Version : i think ive killed my nokia 8850

MoschinoUk
13-06-2003, 09:06 AM
i flashed my phone this morning and now it wont switch on at all no power what so ever is there a way round to bringing it back to life also what wilkl i need software wise and what flash files cheers

slikmik
13-06-2003, 10:24 AM
hey dude

dont sweat everyone does this sooner or later

basically you dont need the fone to switch on to flash...

simply download a 8850 mcu+ppm and flash from 200,000 when it asks to power on fone press the on button til the software responds next flash a virgin eeprom to it.

Best way is to search for tutorials as its easier for a tutorial with pictures to help you than my rushed answers :p
Mike

MoschinoUk
13-06-2003, 11:04 AM
natural instinct for some reason i manag4ed to save my old bios from the phone before killing it and i managed to load that back on and the phones alive now the reason i flashed it in the first place is i cant get no reception on the phone what so ever now i got a 5.31 8850 nokia ppc+mmu or what ever its called bios i want to put that on the phone cos my phone has v5.29 and this is 5.31 wich adress shall i start it from cheers

MoschinoUk
13-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Okay maybe this will help i got my lpt1 flashing cable and i got a 5.31 nokia 8850 flash file named 8850 eeprom+pmm 003D0000.fls now is this a full flash or a partial the reason i want to flash my phone is got no reception what so ever will this help or should i be considering another alternative if this helps what adress shall i start from i would really appreciate it if someone could spend a lil time and write me info in detail i would honestly really appreciate it thanks.