PDA

View Full Version : how to send application files from 1 phone to the other

music^2k
15-06-2003, 11:59 AM
how 1 can tell me how or what software sld i install in orber to send appliaction files such from 1 phone to the other?:)

Krubs
19-06-2003, 03:24 PM
.sis apps i guess u cant..

BMW
23-06-2003, 12:17 AM
I think you can if you use FORWARD or SENDFILE Prog

BeSt WiShEs

Rizlo+
23-06-2003, 12:10 PM
If it's java app/game you could use file explorer, search for *.jar files then send file via ir/bt/email. If it's .SIS apps already installed I doubt you can send to another phone even with FOWARD or SENDFILE but I haven't tried yet... Someone else?

djules
25-06-2003, 04:06 AM
use seleq...u can transfer sis files from one phone to another.

Rizlo+
25-06-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by djules
use seleq...u can transfer sis files from one phone to another.

With seleq you can even if .SIS app is already installed in one phone? I really doubt it's possible

djules
30-06-2003, 02:02 AM
wt seleq of course u can send .SIS files from one phone to another and d other phone can install that .SIS file...jst send that specific .SIS file ur fren wants on ur phone tru IR or bluetooth...u can see that file on ur inbox right? den click or open that .SIS file in ur inbox it would ask f u want to install that file click no...use seleq go to C:\nokia\installs from der u can see that .SIS file den u hav d choice of sending it...ive done it so many times already.

Rizlo+
30-06-2003, 07:57 AM
nope! I see that after a SIS app is installed in one phone the size of .sis file is smaller than before installation... so other files are decompressed into other directories, and so you CAN'T install into another phone!!!
Plese tell me how the hell do you send a working for installation .SIS file!! I use Handy file explorer to enter install directory but if I send to another phone can't make the app work!!!

mobilenewbie
30-06-2003, 09:04 AM
i have a 3650 and a 9210i. what i do to transfer *.sis files from my computer to my 3650 (don't have bluetooth or IR on my PC yet) is i use my 3650's MMC and place it on my 9210i and i copy all the *.sis, *.jar, *.jpg, etc. i need to a folder in the MMC using the 9210i which i can connect to my PC since it has a data cable included in the package. when i finish copying all the files i need. i just remove my MMC from the 9210i and insert it in my 3650. i use seleq and when i want to install a *.sis file i just make a copy of it first and use the copy for installation. which leaves me still with a file which has not been used for installation.

hope this helps you with your problem. :)

Rizlo+
30-06-2003, 10:11 AM
OK, I have understand what you do with your phones, but this doesn't mean that you can directly send a .SIS file ALREADY INSTALLED in one phone, to another phone via IR/BT/email and use it to install the app into the other phone... Unfortunately this is NOT possible you always have to keep separately a copy of the .SIS file BEFORE the installation!

mobilenewbie
30-06-2003, 10:55 AM
i agree you can't send a *.sis file which has already been installed on your phone to another phone. you really have to have a copy of it that has not been installed so you can send it. :)

Rizlo+
30-06-2003, 11:49 AM
OK, here is the point...
It would be really useful an app that could generate directly on the phone a .SIS file from an app already installed, so you could send it over BT or IR, but nothing like this is available

djules
03-07-2003, 06:38 AM
oh come people...hav u tried wat ive told u to do? y u say its impossible to transfer .SIS files to other phone and cant install it der...been doing it so many times already no problem at all...ive done it to all my frens and der frens and der frens...i send d .SIS files sa other compatible phones tru bluetooth using seleq and it works very fine...no problem at all during installation sa other phones...dey run it den again it works very fine...no problem at all. TRUE u cant transfer .SIS files dat s already installed.......f d application s already installed to ur phone den try sending dat same file again to ur phone from ur computer den u can see it sa inbox...wen u try to open it, it would ask u f u want to install d application...choose NO...den using seleq go to C:\nokia\installs\
from der u can see that application file(.SIS file) on its original size kos its not been extracted or installed yet...den u hav the option of sending it to other compatible phones...its up to u to keep dat file or delete it after sending. f u choose to keep it... it accumulates space...ok lang f u hav phones with MMC.

markchee
06-07-2003, 06:48 PM
What our friend trying hard to tell us that,dont direct install .sis to the phone,connect your phone by ir,go to my computer,go to infrared transfer,click send files,then choose the .sis,click open.The whole .sis files will go to the inbox.Thats simple,isnt it.

mark