ceanth
16-06-2003, 10:23 AM
A question which i asked some people:

"Do u own your phone, or does your phone own you?"

Anyone care to answer this question?

Thanh
16-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Hi :)
I have worked hard to earn money. Then i bought some stuff for that money. Now i traded that stuff for my phone... so in the end, i have still worked for it......
I own my phone, and i do with it what i want to do with it. And when it is the time, i will sell it and get a new one.......
But i can tell that i love my phone! 6610 here.....
How can a phone "own you"?
...Thanh...

ceanth
16-06-2003, 10:38 AM
if the first thing in the morning u run to ur phone, and the last thing at night is that you kiss your phone "good night", basically if you cant live without ur phone then it means "your phone owns you!", if you see where i am coming from. :D

Thanh
16-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Hmm first thing after i wake up is YAWN. Then i go toilet. Etc etc and only when i leave the room to go to work, THEN i turn on the phone. I don't want anyone to bother me in my freetime. In fact my phone is a tool and a toy for me, but nothing more. I use it for phone calls, SMS, playing games. Once i found my ringtones (needs a while after getting new phone model, and i need 4 tones.... one "normal", one my boyfriend, one business and one for friends) i won't ever change them again and delete the others. same goes actually for games, i have 5 installed, that's enough. The rest of the space i use for pictures.... sometimes my BF sends me MMS, i want to safe those. Oh, and i also use WAP to get information on-the-go, such as the result of yesterday's formula-one race which was NOT on Thai TV and will be in the newspaper just tomorrow :)
But i never kiss my phone, even the wallpaper is the picture of the cutest boy in the world... my BF :) It's still just a phone, a tool and a toy :)
Your Thanh

ceanth
16-06-2003, 10:55 AM
ask urself this "can i live without my phone" if the answer is no then your phone owns you ;)

Thanh
16-06-2003, 11:00 AM
I can, definitely. Sometimes i don't use it the entire weekend. But don't wory, even i can, i won't send it to you :) Because i still love my phone :))

yjagota
16-06-2003, 11:12 AM
Catch this, I don't even turn off my phone. My phone is not turned off for over a month now cause calls keep coming to me even till late at night, business you know... :o

Secondly, I can easily live without my mobile, or should I say that I will live happily if I don't have one, but neccesities and likes are different. I think you understand. :o

Thirdly, I always have my laptop with me, so I usually don't play games on my mobile, if I have time I play games like Quake III or Unreal or even Doom III (my favourite) on my laptop. :o

And lastly, I love to have my girl's snaps on my mobile and I keep on changing them from one girl to another. As soon as I leave to meet somebody, her snap appears on the phone...;-) :p

ceanth
16-06-2003, 11:15 AM
lol, one thing i dont understand yjagota, is doom III even out? I havent downloaded it, em i mean seen it in the shops yet.

ceanth
16-06-2003, 11:20 AM
i think its safe to say that i can live without a phone, im running a 5110 at the moment, and lets face it u dont want to be seen with one of them, so its always at home :D

yjagota
16-06-2003, 11:22 AM
You need a copy? I'll be banned if I'll post it here...;-)

Thanh
16-06-2003, 11:24 AM
Hmm i have got a 5130 beside my 6610 and i do not mind taking that one with me...... it is an excellent phone, and it's got a major advantage: Drop it... it will still work! At least mine does so..... I guess when i drop the 6610 it might NOT work anymore :) See mine at http://members.fortunecity.com/thanhbkk/bkkboys/mobile.html amongs the others..... that is still a nice phone :) i love it, too!
Your Thanh

ceanth
16-06-2003, 11:30 AM
NICE, great pics, asia spec phones are much better then the ones we get, 6500 looks pritty good, is that active flip?

yjagota
16-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Nice snaps...specially your boyfriend's snaps Thanh. ;-)

Well, about that drop thing: Every phone can get damage after being dropped and every phone can work after being dropped too. This just depends on the power by which the phone is dropped, the area which has hit the ground, if something has hit the screen and many factors like that. I have accidently dropped my 6610, but it still works fine or should I say perfectly. Two or three days back I dropped my new 7250, but thanks god, it did'nt got a scratch on it.

Try dropping your 5130 and jumping on it, maybe it will give a better idea of the rigidity of the phone. ;-) :p

Thanh
16-06-2003, 12:02 PM
@ceanth

That wasn't a 6500... that was a 6510! I modified it a little so it could take the 6500's cover.... therefor the flip was not active. But with a real 6500, the flip is active, yes, it can be used to answer a call and hang up.
But the 6500 was never available here in Thailand, as far as i know throughout asia it was only available in Hong Kong, where also the few covers came from which have been smuggled into Thailand. Sh** expensive, those..... 990 Baht for one, compared with 400 for an original Nokia cover for the 6510. But that is like that when you want rare stuff :)

@ Yjagota

Thank you very much for the nice comment... umm i didn't see your pic yet (care to send me one???) but i'd say my BF is the cutest guy in the world.... that's why i have his pic with me all the time as wallpaper. I've some other guy's pics in the phone, too, but just in the gallery :)
I would never jump on my phone, but i can tell... i had a 1611 (my first phone ever, HUGE thing... but somewhat unbreakable) which got airborne at 155 km/h when it lost contact with my belt while i was riding the german "Autobahn" on my motorbike... the phone flew about 100 meters, touching the road multiple times in that action and got "kicked" by a car whic extended the poor phone's flight by almost another 100 meters.... i expected it to be disintegrated, but not even the battery came loose! Needless to say, it was still working fine, had a lot of scratches but thanks to it's leather bag (which was trash after that) no further damage! And once i dropped a Siemens c25 just from my hip to the ground... it didn't work anymore.... showing only a few pixels on the display. Luckily i could convince the seller that i did NOT drop it (didn't get a single scratch! Also leather bag used....) and i got it re[laced for free, it was then a few weeks old :)
Nokia is best..... (well, see my "signature") :)
your Thanh

yjagota
17-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Ya, some phones are really good.

I will send you my snap for sure. I'm a blue eyed handsome looking guy, for whom most of my college girls die for. Blue eyes are very uncommon here in India. Sexy describes me properly...;-) :p

Thanh
17-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey thank you so much!
I don't want to misuse this forum (if this is offensive, admins, please remove....) but did i tell you that i have a faible for indian guys..? :)
BTW don't expect me to be a girl :) :) 12% minority here..........
Grab my e-mail from my website..... i'm not allowed to put it here, and i have trouble with PM (for some reason, they always "hide" and to get them, i have to close the main window and then need to re-login...)
Cheers...
your Thanh

yjagota
17-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Ya!! I understand :D :D

But I'll send you my snap for sure...:cool:

This can be offensive...;-)

ceanth
17-06-2003, 04:28 PM
can you name your child after me, seeing as it was MY post which brought you guys together :D :D

liteFun
17-06-2003, 07:37 PM
humh. easy to live without phone, but without music impossible.

Thanh
18-06-2003, 06:53 AM
Ya, definitely right!
Music is a must... that's why we have those poly tones in our phones, right? :)

@ceanth
Well, we know each other since long before this post... but i'm always happy to meet nice people again :) But we can talk about this "child" issue... my idea for a name was actually "6688" as both him and me use 6610, and 88 in chinese stands for "great luck" :)

Cheers...
your Thanh

ceanth
18-06-2003, 09:40 AM
haha im sure ceanth is much better and will bring u even more luck :D

Unique
18-06-2003, 10:35 AM
My phone owns my ass:(

It never turns off, I never stop buying it things live covers, cases, batteries. Anything to keep it happy:confused:

I think I need help from my doctor.:(

John

yjagota
18-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Hey john, you seem to be to pissed with your phone, but you love it, don't you? :o

Common man, just cheer up. Sometimes you have to spend on loved ones. If I take your case, I should say that my girlfriends own my ass. :p :p

I too spend a lot of them just to keep them happy. See, we have something in common...;)

ceanth
18-06-2003, 02:33 PM
I should say that my girlfriends own my ass.

haha surly u own THEIR asses, o well which ever way u like it i guess ;) ;) :D :D

yjagota
18-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ceanth
haha surly u own THEIR asses, o well which ever way u like it i guess

Hey common ceanth,
I was just comparing you see...

John said - It never turns off, I never stop buying it things live covers, cases, batteries. Anything to keep it happy, so his phone owns his ass...(Nice words John ;-)

I said - I too spend uninteruptedly on my girlfriends and do anything to keep them happy...So if I compare my scene with John, it can be said in my case too...:D :D

Unique
18-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Well...

I own my girlfriends ass... and my phone owns mine. So really, my phone owns her ass as well.

Sometimes you have to spend on loved ones.

I do.

I never stop buying it things like covers, cases, batteries

It is a loved one ;)

John

ceanth
18-06-2003, 05:16 PM
yjagota i was only messing about :p

Alinus
18-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Moved to Lounge !

NokDoc
18-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Hi,

I say, I bought it, so I own it.

But strictly seen, I'm a Junkie to my Nokia.

But my Nokia is not my Nokia.

If it's broke, I can replace it quite easily by just buy a new one.

So, it is just a thing.

Which I myself refer to as just becoming too essential to not have one.

Simply and only, since modding is fun.

PS, people really kiss their phone before they goto bed?

Odd...

NokDoc

imodium
18-06-2003, 10:33 PM
my girlfriend owns me

yjagota
19-06-2003, 07:53 AM
Words from my dear NokDoc...after so much time...:)

But as usual, a little complicated...;-) That's why I like what he speaks (or writes).

@ceanth
You mess with dangerous issues...Now I'm very serious about saving my ass...:p :p

00toaster
20-06-2003, 02:25 AM
what you do owns you?
So the gym owns me... I spend way too much time there.
But this new phone is so shiny that it may start getting some attention.

Thats right my pretty, my precious i'm talking about you, You want to go to bed now? ok.

Sorry guys got to go. My phone wants some serious attention, if you know what i mean. *wink * wink *

Unique
20-06-2003, 09:05 AM
Its 9:25am. I went to bed at 4am. I had to get up to wait for Jeff the post man. He still isnt here:confused:. He has alot of my money and a few of my ARM books.

Jeff owns my ass!

John

yjagota
20-06-2003, 12:52 PM
Rename this thread to "Who owns you and your ass?". ;-)

hihi410
08-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Tough question. I guess my answer would be even. Somedays I do what I need but at times I can't do without my phone. But one thing I know for sure, I always need to know where my phone is and I feel weird going out and forgetting my phone at home.

jonifen
15-07-2003, 11:10 PM
My phone (6610) owns me tbh :rolleyes:

It feels weird when I dont have it with me, so I'd be stuck without it I reckon.

Nanda
15-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Well, the only phone I ever 'cared' about (meaning, I thought twice before taking it apart) is my 3350.

Basically because I had A LOT of work translating the asia-only 3350 language pack to my language (portuguese), with the help of everyone here at NokiaFree!

So it's kinda special.

But it gets used all the time so life hasn't been easy on it.

I also have a 3310 somewhere in my room, and a 5130 that's totally unused apart from a few calls. I think it's kinda like a museum thing, I got it from leftover stock at a mobile shop for nearly nothing.

So... Nokias for me are things. Fun things, for sure, but mine's been off all day today (that's me trying to run away from all the stuff that happens at work) so you can't really say they own me.