PDA

View Full Version : "Enter GID1 Hex Value" means what exactly?

bobl
16-06-2003, 06:29 PM
I am using "SP Lock Generator 6.6" which I believe unlocks dct2 phones. It has successfuly generated lock 1 code, but when I ask for lock 2 code, it prompts with:

"Enter GID1 Hex Value"

What does it want me to enter?!

Many thanks

Bob

(P.S. If anyone has a link to a program that does the same job, please do let me know :) )

Yotamz
16-06-2003, 07:09 PM
if you want to open the first lock you have to know the MCC+MNC, so for opening the second lock you need to know the GID1.

and....could you upload the software?

bobl
16-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Course I can Yotamz

Beware though it only works on true DOS, doesn't work on windows 9x (even in dos mode), I had to go back to Dos 6 to get it to work.

However, can you tell me what a GID is and how to find it out?

Cheers

Bob

(Yeh, the exe is only 7 kb)

bobl
16-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Apparantly the Orange GID1 is:

England Orange Single Band 234-33 00FF
England Orange Dual Band 234-33 0000

Hopefully that's right :)

Cheers

Bob

Yotamz
16-06-2003, 08:40 PM
every nokia gsm phone has 4 locks:
1: MCC+MNC, used to lock a phone to a network. (3 digits mcc, 2 digits mnc)
2: GID1, used to lock a phone to a simcard type (like contract, prepaid etc. 4 digits).
3: GID2, used for...actually i don't think anybody knows..at least i don't. anyway it's 4 digits like the gid1.
4: MSIN, used to lock a phone to a specific simcard, 8 digits.

for dct4 phones you only need to know the mcc+mnc and imei to generate codes for all 4 locks. to calculate codes for dct2 you have to know more..

but there is always an option to unlock with cable :) and if you really want you can use a cable to find the gid1 value, and then unlock with codes ;)

flatchat
17-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to NokiaFree member "bobl" who has helped me as best he can with this issue. Has spent time helping me which I am very grateful for.
Although we didn't solve the problem it was a good effort.

Many thanks again bobl, it's great to know there are people here who just want to help unlike other GSM forums who don't often make newbies feel welcome.

Once I've learnt some more perhaps I will be able to help someone some day. :cool:

Cheers all