PDA

View Full Version : nokia 7250 uk problems

copier-doc
17-06-2003, 03:33 AM
i need help here. i purchased a 7250 the other day and think i have had my bum spanked. firstly if i insert an 02 card the sim regestration fails,the security code has been changed from 12345 so i cannot perform a factory reset. i took the phone to a local phone shop who tried to flash. it accepts t-mobile sims but the box the phone came in suggests it is an 02 phone. i dont think the phone is stolen but it could be a contract phone that has not had the bill paid.my problem is i am £260 out of pocket with a phone i cannot use on my preffered network and not having a great deal of phone knowledge(however i am willing to learn)dont know what steps to take next.

imei 351346806171296
network 02

any advice?

KyleTech
17-06-2003, 04:13 AM
these are possible reasons:

1. your sim expires (if its prepaid)
2. your phone is lock in only one network provider.
you need to unlock your phone.
3. your sim is defective (try to insert to other phone)

copier-doc
17-06-2003, 04:31 AM
o2 sim cards work in several other unlocked phones,
phone was bought with no sim card in it but does work with t mobile,
have tried unlock codes and flashing unsure if the shop knew what they were doing but.
i was going to take it to a nokia approved repair centre just hoped to get some pointers that would prevent me making a fool of myself.
thanks for the advice.

kevinn13
17-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Have you tryed on anyother networks I dont mean to alarm you but sim card registration means the phone could be black listed.

copier-doc
17-06-2003, 11:05 PM
kevin,
i have checked phone with the following sim cards.-
1. 02 within 20 seconds signal goes and sim regestration fails.
2. Vodafone full signal but no dial tone.
3. Orange full signal but no dial tone.
4.T-mobile fully functional.
i have also spoken to 02 today giving them the imei no. which they are going to check and make me aware of the phones sittuation. they at no point of the conversation said the phone was blacklisted, but i have a feeling it is a contract phone that has not had the bill payed. nokia have advised me that if bt say the phone is not blacklisted then they are still under contract to repair it.
i think in the end i will have learned an important lesson. do not buy phones from people or companys you are not sure of.

burgemaster
18-06-2003, 01:06 PM
Mate that phone has been barred 100%, the IMEI has been put on the database and its blocked :-( sorry

Swap it for a simular phone in foreign country is ur only hope