PDA

View Full Version : Entering Restriction Codes

JonnyThunder
18-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Hi there,

When you enter a restriction code, do you enter each line and then OK it... or do you enter the lot without spaces? I know you have to put the #pw bit and the bit after.

Also, is it possible to pass the restriction code using a cable? I've ordered a cable and know u can use it for logos / ringtones etc but wondered if it's capable of anything else.

Thanks,
JT

cprafferty
18-06-2003, 10:26 AM
All as ONE line no space just #pw+123456789012345+X# (where X is a value between 1-7)

As for bypassing the code nope cannot be done.

But software is able to open the locks on the phone so that there is no restriction however all of the free DCT-4 unlock software doesn't work on the latest phone/software versions of old phones.

Now the only way for a direct unlock is with a box like

Griffin
Neelix II
AFD
Cheap DCT-4 flasher
etc.

JonnyThunder
18-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Well, it's wierd cos I've already got an unlock code for my phone from your forums earlier, but I've a feeling that my phone has gone beyond that!! It comes up saying Restricted (and a stop sign) after the first code entry - but won't let me go beyond that. It needs to be switched off and on again to let me put in one code.

I did read somewhere that once it gets to this, it needs to be done with hardware... Is there any way to flash this phone so I can enter these codes again... or am I quicker buying a new one!! :D

slikmik
18-06-2003, 11:07 AM
yes after entering incorrect pw mastercode 5 times it can only be unlocked via cable

simply use jic unlocker and your cable to unlock it dude...

mike

JonnyThunder
18-06-2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the info m8y. I shall do exactly that.

(when my cable finally arrives!!!)

tada52
20-06-2003, 10:59 PM
do you actually type the # key the "p" key and the "w" key or does this stand for something?

Alinus
21-06-2003, 10:19 AM
moved to unlock codes section