PDA

View Full Version : radar detector

tarekabumotaz
18-06-2003, 07:04 PM
hi all:

i love speed,but i have a problem with local police because i have been busted for manytimes.

so can anybody help me get an apllication for 7650 that detects the radar before it detects me

spinonit
19-06-2003, 06:47 AM
nice idea...but wotever happ to ur speedometer? lol :p :D

rainman
19-06-2003, 10:52 AM
what do you want d app to do bounce d radar?:D

j0j0
19-06-2003, 07:59 PM
nokias are using different frequences than the radars.
so its hardware problem, not software

evobit
20-06-2003, 01:26 AM
SLOW DOWN YOU PENILE JERK

The speed LIMIT is there for your SAFETY, and the safety of others. RESPECT IT.

Next you will be saying that you really like drinking alcohol but the police are restricting your driving between pubs!

People like you really piss me off because you sound like you have no respect for human life

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alinus
20-06-2003, 11:04 AM
Mr. Evobit.

Be polite !

tarekabumotaz
20-06-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by evobit

Next you will be saying that you really like drinking alcohol but the police are restricting your driving between pubs!

People like you really piss me off because you sound like you have no respect for human life

hey u i dont drink alcohol but the speed limit here is 50km,so dont tell me who am i .now am sure that u are soooooooooo stupid,and i am not sure that u are a human

tarekabumotaz
20-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by evobit

hey stupid:
the speed limit in romania is 50km ,so don,t tell me who am i,
and u must be a human to make me respect u but i dont sure that u are?????

tarekabumotaz
20-06-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Alinus
Mr. Evobit.

Be polite !
alinus,trimite si tu avertizment lu animalul ala ca sa nu mai injura
te-rog eu

NokDoc
20-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Mr. Tarekabumotaz,

Is this Ur idea of being polite?

I think in a moral way, Mr. Evobit is quite right.

I can't give U a ticket for speeding, though one for not using English in Ur reply.

Good advice here: buy Urself a Playstation.

It has Collin Mcrae.

NokDoc (12 years licence, 1 ticket for speeding +6km's)

sirwoggle
22-06-2003, 05:18 PM
Not sure what pansy language that was but the closest i could get was "alinus, naked trimite itself you avertizment lu animalul section ca sa mai injura you-rog I " (portuguese to english):confused:

Alinus
22-06-2003, 05:30 PM
the right translation is:

alinus, please send an averrtisment to that "animal" not to swear me anymore.

romanian to english :)

portuguese and romanian are both latin languages....

spinonit
23-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Dont care wot he said or meant to say....lol///but i like his idea.

Maybe a proggie like minigps or sumthin cud tell u da speed @which ur travelling n it can be used to control ur speed....rather than run from da police...lol :D

Come to think of it....cud be more useful for da passengers in da rear seat////so if johny boy wuz speeding....his romanian wife cud catch em in d act or better still kick em in da balls...lol :D :D :D

my 2 cents ;)

Cheers!
/spin

imodium
23-06-2003, 11:18 PM
everyone should love each other

Decibel
25-06-2003, 03:16 PM
http://www.valentine1.com/home.asp

lpankhurst
30-06-2003, 10:35 AM
I think we should invade France.

VCT
25-07-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by j0j0
nokias are using different frequences than the radars.
so its hardware problem, not software

I can turn on the radar detector in some DCT-3 phone, but I can't do that in DCT-4 phones, can somebody tell me why? Thank.

matt6610
20-08-2003, 05:10 AM
Alrite first to start off with all you ppl critisising the guy who posted the message about speeding. What do you care its nne of your busineness if he wants to speed he can speed its his car his life and the next thing i have the code for the radar detector but im not sure if it works on new colour fones but im am defenate that it workd on from 3210 all the way to 8310 you have to go into settings next go into security settings then closed user groups then type in 00000 and when u exit it make sure its turned on an then under ur service provider it will show a smybol an 00000

yuppo
20-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Someone sent me this a while back, it more or less says what matt6610 says but in more detail, i'venever tried it though
Radar Trap
The settings for radar speed traps detector

Your Nokia cell phone can be programmed to pick up radar speed traps, when programmed your cell phone picks up the radar and alerts you on the message alert tone. ( Doesn’t work with Nokia 7110! )

1. Enter your menu
2. Select settings
3. Select security settings
4. Select closed user group
5. Select on
6. Enter 00000
7. Press ok
8. Clear back to normal, within a few seconds your phone will display a radar sign with five zero's next to it. It is now activated.

Unfortunately only Nokia phones have this function. Cell info display needs to be de-activated. Settings -> Phone Settings -> Cell Info display each time you turn off your phone, or even each time you loose contact with your carrier, you´ll have to activate it again... It is done by steps 1 through 5, but the number (00000) will be already on the field as default.

disinformation
22-08-2003, 10:25 AM
LMAO!!!!!

All you are activating there is exactly what it says "closed user groups"

Its a service provider feature which allows the user to limit there phone to only make / receive calls correspoding to their group number, in your case 00000 lol

There is no radar detection feature in Nokia Phones.

I had to register just to make this point

yuppo
22-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Some of the older nokias DID have a crude radar dectector, I seen it, it worked.

disinformation
22-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Ok then,

did anyone see the older nokias that could pick up sky TV too and fire a laser beam out of the front?

They were brilliant

yuppo
22-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it isn't true, you ignorant little bawbag. I have seen it working and so has my mate and my ex ( i just wish i could remember exactly what phone it was).:mad:

disinformation
25-08-2003, 01:30 AM
and there was me thinking speed cameras operated at 10-12Ghz

if nokia had such a feature, why wouldnt they advertise it in countries where detectors are legal?

ie UK

Vorstedt
15-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Hehe, radardetection with the Nokia? In Germany they use the frequencies 24 and 34 GHz. And you think a puny antenna in the Nokia can detect beamed radar signals form a reasonable distance? Yes, maybe in front of the police car, but not from a disctance of 300m. If you want to detect radar signals, try more sophisticated devices like a.....

http://www.beltronics.com/vectorlrremote.html

Yes, a radardetector! It's not cheap, but don't expect such precision devices to be cheap.

Vorstedt
15-09-2003, 05:49 PM
And for the zillionth time. It's a hoax :lol:

http://www.auspaytv.com/archive/news99-00/items0011/00111701.htm

Nokia handsets no speed demons

By SIMON JOHANSON

Victoria Police today dismissed reports Nokia mobile phones can be used as radar speed trap detectors.

Police carried out tests on the handsets today after a report in The Age said some Nokia models included a radar detector feature.

Speed trap detectors are illegal in Victoria, but are on public sale in the United States and some European and Scandinavian countries, including, apparently, Finland, the base of the massive Nokia company.

Police said they had spoken to Nokia and been advised the phones did not function as detectors to pick up the high-frequency radio transmissions of speed guns and sound a warning tone.

"Victoria Police has tested the mobile phones and also have confirmed that they do not work as radar detectors," police said in a statement.

Feature, accessed by choosing sub-menu "user groups" and typing 00000 into the phone, caused excited gossip on Internet chat sites in Australia.

Theoretically, a mobile telephone could act as a speed radar detector since it is essentially a two-way radio transceiver linked to the cellular telephone system and is built to detect radio transmission.

Quake3000
17-09-2003, 03:34 AM
well do like they have in norway just send radar to 1986 and we got a messages if there is a radar control way long before we past the radar :D

bracesguy
24-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Someone sent me this a while back, it more or less says what matt6610 says but in more detail, i'venever tried it though
Radar Trap
The settings for radar speed traps detector

Your Nokia cell phone can be programmed to pick up radar speed traps, when programmed your cell phone picks up the radar and alerts you on the message alert tone. ( Doesn’t work with Nokia 7110! )

1. Enter your menu
2. Select settings
3. Select security settings
4. Select closed user group
5. Select on
6. Enter 00000
7. Press ok
8. Clear back to normal, within a few seconds your phone will display a radar sign with five zero's next to it. It is now activated.

Unfortunately only Nokia phones have this function. Cell info display needs to be de-activated. Settings -> Phone Settings -> Cell Info display each time you turn off your phone, or even each time you loose contact with your carrier, you´ll have to activate it again... It is done by steps 1 through 5, but the number (00000) will be already on the field as default.

thanks! this only works to lower nokia models. it doesnt work for symbian phones like 3650 / 7650 / 6600.

rarr
26-09-2003, 11:52 AM
thanks! this only works to lower nokia models. it doesnt work for symbian phones like 3650 / 7650 / 6600.

what?? did you not read disinformation's post?
well here it is again in case you missed it...

LMAO!!!!!

All you are activating there is exactly what it says "closed user groups"

Its a service provider feature which allows the user to limit there phone to only make / receive calls correspoding to their group number, in your case 00000 lol

There is no radar detection feature in Nokia Phones.

I had to register just to make this point

messsy
05-10-2003, 02:50 AM
ha ha! lol! dis thread makes me laugh

Alt0208
05-10-2003, 03:33 AM
I thought this radar business was dead and buried years ago!! Wasn't this hoax about at the same time as the "hidden Pacman game in nokias" ???

still makes me laugh though! :lol:

I do agree it would be a useful app for the 3650 but I don't think it'll happen somehow!!

wanja
09-10-2003, 08:54 AM
instead 00000 type 12345 i think that will work

Blue
09-10-2003, 06:46 PM
Remember this hoax all the time when I was a Admin @ Nokiawarez. Think the only way you could possibly make anything like a speed trap detector would be to use some sort of GPS app on the phone and have a shared database of fixed camera's. In the end I cant imagine that would be much good without a really good GPS app (would need to be much better than miniGPS).

Closed User Group will not pick up speed traps.

Blue

Awake
10-10-2003, 02:33 PM
GSM phones have sometime called filters...
Even the Wideband filter used after the antenna isn't wide enough to catch 30 GHz transmissions... It's not something easy to do using software...

sens
11-10-2003, 05:05 PM
But, do some of you remember that in the past some of the Alcatel phone models could catch a radar singnal. I've seen it that after entering a code to one of this phones - it reproduced a signal that there is a radar nearby. I don't know what's the situation, these days ? :-o

UnknownCrash
14-10-2003, 02:10 AM
Hi mates. I just register:D I am reading nokiafree's forums for 3 months
and I found somthing that will make you think about radar detector "maybe". I agree that the frequence is not the same.
Q: Can you listen radio from GSM
A: NO!
and the opposite you can find on FM a frequence that you can hear how people talk on their mobile phones!
IT like the hacking email story "you know" send me your password and the email of which you want to know the password. it's like a myth no better a joke for the stupid people "*****S" that want to hack emails.
Oopsss out of the subject. :oops:

so read this and I think you will be impresed:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1.01/phreaks_pr.html

and tell me your opinions about that

ca8msm
12-11-2003, 01:42 AM
OK my first visit to this board but we look to be having fun here! :)

I think we (should!) all know by now that the nokia "00000" was just a hoax and there was no physical way that the frequency of a rader gun could be picked up by a nokia phone.

On a more serious note, an application named TrafCam was supposed to be developed to use GPS to inform you if a stationary speed camera was operating in that area (it was dependant on a database being updated by helpful users though). There are not many references left which refer to TrafCam although I, and many others, would be interesting in hearing if any other similar products existed (or were being thought about at least).

docmc187
13-11-2003, 04:30 AM
UnknownCrash nice like dats some pretty cool shit wish i could do dat

garyparson
13-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Here's what you need (http://www.trafcam.com/symbian/)

theshinobi
16-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi mates. I just register:D I am reading nokiafree's forums for 3 months
and I found somthing that will make you think about radar detector "maybe". I agree that the frequence is not the same.
Q: Can you listen radio from GSM
A: NO!
and the opposite you can find on FM a frequence that you can hear how people talk on their mobile phones!
IT like the hacking email story "you know" send me your password and the email of which you want to know the password. it's like a myth no better a joke for the stupid people "*****S" that want to hack emails.
Oopsss out of the subject. :oops:

so read this and I think you will be impresed:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1.01/phreaks_pr.html

and tell me your opinions about that

Looks like they made that story up by copying it from the movie
Have you seen the movie Takedown with Johnny Depp! That story of the 2 guys is bullshit, your a fool if you believe it.

jackflashuk
30-11-2004, 02:10 PM
hi i have been using tomtom poi for speed cameras and found it very useful but it does not show the different speeds available eg 40 limit etc..

i believe trafcam is better as its datbase holds more cameras...

does anyone have a demo version of trafcam :-D for the mobile phone........or know of a group that is sharing a demo version or what ever :roll: