PDA

View Full Version : Bloody PC Suite!!

the_don
18-06-2003, 11:12 PM
Ok now i know this is a very common problem but i still havnt found the solution to my problem even using the search option. I have a MITSUMI Bluetooth dongle and a Nokia 7650 with PC Suite installed on my computer and the MITSUMI Bluetooth suite installed as well. The MITSUMI Bluetooth Suite finds my fone and i am able to transfer files with great easy but when i try to connect my fone to the PC Suite it does not find my fone! First of all i turn bluetooth on on both devices and find the fone on the computer, then I run Nokia PC Suite and It says that it is the first time I have ran PC Suite and says connect my fone then press ok. It does not find my fone!! Can someone please help as I have had this problem for ages and I need to backup my fone because it is full of crap and I need to fomat it to get a fresh system.
Thanx in advance,
-=UtseenO=-
PS If someone helps me sovle this problem I will go and streak down my road because I will be so HAPPY!!:p

sniper8
19-06-2003, 12:11 AM
MITSUMI Bluetooth drivers is not compitable with pc suite. What I see pple doing is that they use another driver to enable it to work with pc suite.

the_don
19-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Cheers bud, i will try that. Thanx Sniper!!

the_don
19-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know which drivers are guarenteed that work with a bluetooth dongle?

coolfire
14-08-2003, 05:05 PM
hi there, don...

i'm facing the same problems as you, using a bloody mitsumi usb dongle also, and can't get the pc suite to work... :(

was searching and found your post... just wanted to ask you whether you managed to find any other drivers for the mitsumi?

would really appreciate it alot if you have any info to share, buddy!! :D

the_don
15-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Hey coolfire, i found that all my troubles were sorted after downloading the latest version of PC Suite. The newer version has more support for different hardware now. Try it and let me know if it worked,
-=UtseenO=-

johnnyspliff
15-08-2003, 03:42 PM
If not,

Go here:

http://online.communica.se/mpi/filarkiv/

then scroll down to the bottom and download the file called

"USB-100.zip"

Now, completely uninstall your bluetooth adaptor, using "add/remove software" and if it prompts you to, remove your bluetooth adaptor. If it does not, remove it when the uninstallation is complete.

Now all you have to do is install the contents of the file you downloaded. When done, connect your bluetooth adaptor and go to add/ hardware in the control panel. This will search for your bluetooth dongle and select the new set of drivers for it.

You're almost done!

Now that you have it installed, pairyour phone with your pc by going into the bluetooth menu on your phone and pressing "right".
You will need to make a password and enter it on your phone and pc. The password is numerical. When you have successfully paired, go to the next step.

What you now need to do is click the "mRouter" icon in the system tray at the bottom of the screen. Select all available bluetooth ports and click ok.

Now open up the new bluetooth software and "search for devices in range" - making sure bluetooth is on on your phone. It should show up your 3650. Right click on it and select "discover available services".

When you are finsihed, right click on "bluetooth serial port" and "connect".

Now open pc suite when "bluetooth connection successful" appears. When it connects, right click on the mRouter icon again and see which port pc suite is suing. Uncheck all OTHER boxes.

coolfire
15-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanx for your reply buddy... :D

you're really lucky, cos for me, i've tried the latest pc suite, but to no avail... :rolleyes:

anyway, i'm awaiting some kind help from another buddy, johnnyspliff... :p

btw, which model mitsumi are you using? mine's WIF-0402C.

cheerzzz..

Manchas
24-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi,

anyone tryed pc suite 6.4 ? cause my phone uses this one, and also 6.4 dont have mRouter .... so cant select the com ports...

any tips ?

thanks

natnat
24-11-2004, 11:36 AM
i've tried nokia pc suite. it works well so far.

just cant install games on its games folder for 6610i. i install it in the applications folder.