PDA

View Full Version : Witheld Numbers

HardcorePixie
19-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Hor8 every1!

Right a long long time ago, trundlin round the internet I found a code that you could put into your nokia, and it would show you a menu with call data...... Received, missed and dialled..... when you went into either list it would give a list of numbers..... INCLUDING witheld numbers that had rang you, so all them pain in the arse 1 bellin prank calls could be traced.... So I s'pose u can guess what i'm after..... YUP! That code! If any1 can tell me what it is, and what model phone it can be used on I will be very much grateful!

I know this is a long shot, because from what I remember it was a pretty classifeid thing, but I know some1 somewhere will know something!

Oski. :confused:

Yotamz
19-06-2003, 02:12 PM
when someone calls you from a hidden number, the network simply don't send the number to your phone, so your phone doesn't know the number that calls you. you cannot reveal these numbers with a code as they are not stored on the phone.

but all this hiding numbers thing makes me think that the network may have some codes that you send to the network and make it send you hidden numbers as well... like the police phones can see those numbers.... just a thought...

HardcorePixie
19-06-2003, 02:29 PM
Well I vaughly remember it had to be a particular model to do it, and I was under the impression a lot of these codes where sim related, it may even have been a pw code like service provider lock codes.

Thanks for your help!

Oski.

Yotamz
19-06-2003, 03:53 PM
i'm pretty sure that in the networks' software there is an option to allow certain numbers to recieve witheld numbers, so maybe there is a code that you can type, and send to the network - a code that will make you one of these certain numbers.
but even if there is an option like this, and even if there is a code, that code has to be sent to the network, bacause showing/hiding the numbers is up to the network, not the phone itself, so i don't think that is depended on the model, and i'm sure it's not the #pw code (that's only for simlocks).

anyway, i've never heard of this code, but it may be possible.. who knows..

b.t.w, did you see that it works? or someone just told you about it?

HardcorePixie
19-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Well u seem to know what ur on about, so basically your saying that there aint jack I can do from my end.... It has to be done from the other end?!

I never saw it work, I remembered reading it, and there was a reason I couldn't use it.... it may have been to do with another software update and I may not have had the data cable at the time, or like I thought before it was on a different handset!

I can pull a phone 2 bits and get it workin no problem, but when it's down to codes it's all a bit distant for me! Simple ones like sim stop etc well there easy enough, but if it gets to complex I can hear the sound of it flying over my head!

Nice1 for your help anyway, and if any1 works for BT Cellnet I think I could have a rather dodgy business deal for you!

Oski. :)