View Full Version : is programming valid imsi sufficient get network?
Hello,
is programming only a valid imsi is sufficient to get network, or i must have again a valid ki?
thanks.
SirGraham
20-06-2003, 07:36 AM
Hi hall,
Depends of the operator, but is factible. You don´t authenticate to make a call o change the LAC. (The ki only use when authenticate)
Regards,
Sir Graham.
wumpus
06-07-2003, 01:36 PM
GSM is authenticated with both the IMSI as the Ki. The first is like your username, the second the secret password.
So, no, you can't gain access with only the IMSI.
SirGraham
07-07-2003, 07:28 AM
Hi,
I am not explaint correct.
I say That " If you only use the IMSI, the phone have coverture". When you makes a call they make a authenticate. If you put only the IMSI the phone conects to the network but can´t make calls...
Regards,
Sir Graham.
wumpus
07-07-2003, 01:01 PM
So, assuming you are right, you can *receive* calls and messages without authenticating?
Or is authenticating forced on accepting calls too?
Sirgraham is right, i have tested it with valid imsi we can get network(signal), but we can call.
wumpus
07-07-2003, 09:25 PM
Can you still get network with an invalid IMSI? I've heard you can still make calls to 112 and 911 even without a SIM card..
SirGraham
08-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Hi wumpus,
With invalid "Ki", not IMSI.
you have coverture with Invalid KI. But if you don´t authenticate
you can get the new TMSI.
I suppose you use the TMSI keep in the SIM (with the LAC). I don´t know what happend if someboy calls to this terminal in this situation.
It´s a good try.... :-) If someboy makes this try: please, post the result....
Regards,
Sir Graham.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.