PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: How to Repair Contact Services on 3350

Rinvend
01-06-2002, 06:00 AM
Can anyone pls tell me how to repair "Contact Services" on 3350

green gerbil
01-06-2002, 06:28 PM
use eeprom tools by bphreaks and connect your phone with an mbus cable. then turn it on and click test. it will tell you likely cause of contact service.

windbreaker
02-06-2002, 02:49 AM
try reflashing the mcu+ppm+eeprom then use KNOK 22 for changing IMEI and setting the faid after that use nokia profile for factory settings. Good luck...

ma1362
07-06-2002, 04:17 PM
if you're going to flash it in full, the phone may or may not turn-on. try to read the cause of c.s. by using Wintesla, from there u will know the cause of the c.s. If it display " Eeprom checksum", try to flash it by using "virgin eeprom" and then calculate the FAID so that you will get a signal.

Cheers!
ma1362:)

chunkhead
22-03-2003, 04:02 AM
I know this is an old thread, but for future reference...

Got a water damaged 3350 with contact service, ran test in Eeprom tools, and found that cobba parallel had failed! To fix this i used a butane powered hot air blower (soldering iron/hot air blower) to heat the cobba for a while! This re-flowed the solder underneath the chip and re-connected the parallel!

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers!

cedric
24-03-2003, 07:15 AM
Hello ppl, my only suggestion if ur in a hurry for repairs re-heat ur eeprom p.s. use only a certified hot air to avoid damages to ur sensitive parts. 2nd flash it with full back-up after that ull get result,,,Remember if u got a msg. MCU error ur phone problem is CPU...

Thats all folks