PDA

View Full Version : International SMS from USA to Europe

ActiveMind
20-06-2003, 04:33 AM
I have an unlocked (unlocked the the PW+CODE+1 not the +7) nokia 3590. I have a telestet phone sim and I am trying to send SMS from the USA to Greece. I can recieve BUT I cant send!

The partner provider in the USA is ATT. Its a puzzle. :confused:

CheeseOnToast
20-06-2003, 08:13 AM
hmmm,

Ring up telestet or what ever and ask to have international roaming turned on or use a different message center number.

goodluck

ActiveMind
20-06-2003, 01:48 PM
I finally talked to ATT support and they said they do not support international sms. Would activating telestet's roaming fix that? It seems odd only because they adertise you don't have to do that to send sms. Doing this would be the easiest way for me if it works.

Where would I even begin to learn how to change a message center (and to what)?

bobl
20-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Read your manual, you'll see it under one of the settings to change the certain service numbers.

At this point you might wanna change it to a free service number (Although these are hard to find!)

Cheers

Bob

ActiveMind
20-06-2003, 07:49 PM
update: I contacted telestet and they tell me my phone is working fine and they even sent me a test sms.

ATT said their service does not support international sms. I called ATT and they said their system is not set up.

How would I change the smsc on my nokia 3590 (I found a list at freefonefun which was last updated on march 2002.) ?

does anyone have experience sending sms from the USA to Europe? I have checked with ATT competitors and none of them even support sms outside of northamerica.

MORE INFO: ATT supports international SMS on SOME countries but no one knows which ones. could this be useful?

This is frustrating. :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:

all information has been helpful

how do I change the smsc? step by step please. thanks to all

CheeseOnToast
21-06-2003, 04:37 AM
On your Fone

menu>messages>message settings or setup>default or teleset>message center number.

enter a number starting with (+1) usa prefix

okay have fun...

ActiveMind
21-06-2003, 10:47 PM
:cry: :mad: :confused: :cry:

aaaaaaaaah. Free is not an issue for me. I have been able to sent for a VERY brief time after I switched the SMSC to another telestet SMSC. I have been able to recieve SMS just not send.

I have read t-mobile in the uSA supports international sms (in other words not just 10 digit but full "+/country code/number" format. T-mobile is not posted because people are most concerned with free sms and t-mobile is able to charge money on the account.

does anyone have a usa based smsc which is compatible with att?
(part of the problem is the compatablity of the USA's mobile systems (plural))

any opinions about efforts or suggestions?