PDA

View Full Version : T300 faulty - any cure?

JAC
20-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi,

I have a T300 with a major problem.
I bought it as water damaged, i cleaned it in sonic bath then replaced the battery with a new one.All went well with it booting up, but now it will not start again.When charger is plugged in, the LED illuminates but thats all, is there any cure??

I have a universal flash box to fit this model if there are any flashes available, not sure how it would go if the phone does not power up.

Thanks in advance.

JAC

kevinn13
23-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Water damage is normally a number one killer if you tryed to clean the board and still no go I would say its sounds stuffed.

The iNSOMNIAc
28-06-2003, 09:01 AM
i just got a water / larger damaged t300 from ebay for less than 40 quid.

after first clean and rebuild it worked fine on first powerup. after switching off and putting a sim in, it refused to do anything.

i stripped it down and soaked it in isopropanol for 5 mins and gave the board a good scrubb with an old tooth brush with it's bristols (hehehe) cut down to about half length. then used compressed air ( air duster ) to remove anything from under the smt chips. Rebuilt the fone and it's working 99%

Have a go at re cleaning the board and check the keypad contacts for corrosion.

the only prob i have with the fone is it will not charge while switched on !!! switch it off and it charges ok but noting on screen

JAC
28-06-2003, 10:31 AM
That sounds just like how mine behaved.

Charging was ok, just tempramental.

www.jac-computers.co.uk

JAC
11-07-2003, 06:29 AM
I managed to get the phone working again after 3 soaks in sonic bath.
Only problem now is the charging block has fell off!
And I have just discovered the damn thing may be barred, as I get 3 pips when dialling a number.I emailed the previous owner, who said it was not blocked, but whatever sim I use in it, wont call out, but gets a signal.

Looking at the board, the charging block will go back on ok, is there a special solder I have to use and soldering iron as the solder needs to be very small.

I have another SE T300 which has been crushed, do you think it will be ok to use the IMEI from that? I know its illegal, but I bought in good faith expecting a bargain, not this hassle!!

Also, is there any good software which work for that purpose?

Thanks

JAC

ag
14-07-2003, 02:56 PM
I think I can help after few days...