PDA

View Full Version : unlock code for 3650?

gauravsri
20-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Hi,

There are some websites which say that they can give you the unlock code for your 3650 so that you can use it with any SIM card.

How safe is doing this? Also, has anyone tried any site like this?

I'm currently having AT&T mMode GSM plan and they lock the phone so one can't use it with any other service provider.

So if I unlock this phone 3650 then will it still work flawlessly with AT&T sim card?

Can anyone shed some light on the code locking of 3650 and suggest whether it can be done safely and where can I get it done?

Thanks in advance.

paulw84
21-06-2003, 05:11 AM
Yeah, I did it. It's safe, I guess, all you have to do is give your imei and stuff.

Visit this site:

http://www.bluesonnet.com/wbb2/

one4u2nb
21-06-2003, 05:13 AM
I've done this I just forgot the website I went too. Anyways I have a 3650 that is globe locked (philippines cel company) and once I've followed the instructions by entering the correct codez a message popped up on my phone and it said sim unlock. Now my brother was on vacation during that time so I tried his Cellular One sim card which he had it on roaming and it worked.

gauravsri
21-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Paul,

That link for the group states somewhere that AT&T wireless 3650 can not be hacked.

On top here is link ucable.com that they can 100% unlock any phone but I tried it out for 12$ and their codes didn't work on the 3650. I hope they give me a refund for my money now.

Has anyone unlocked 3650 with AT&T GSM wireless?

Alinus
22-06-2003, 07:11 AM
Moved to unlock codes section.

Rashiki
28-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by gauravsri
Paul,

That link for the group states somewhere that AT&T wireless 3650 can not be hacked.

On top here is link ucable.com that they can 100% unlock any phone but I tried it out for 12$ and their codes didn't work on the 3650. I hope they give me a refund for my money now.

Has anyone unlocked 3650 with AT&T GSM wireless?

I've been reading too and I think that the truth is that AT&T does some extra nasty locking and there seems to be no way to unlock the 3650 remotely. I tried the 1st and 7th codes on my phone and it didn't work. I'm not going to try anymore.

gyrluknouwantme
29-06-2003, 01:06 AM
you actually can unlock AT&T 3650's, as I have 3 of them. The codes, however, are different from standard DCT-4 codes. I am willing to post my IMEI's/Unlock Codes for my 3 phones if there is somebody out there that may be able to reverse engineer the codes to get the special AT&T algorithym? PM or respond if you want the codes posted.

Rashiki
29-06-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by gyrluknouwantme
you actually can unlock AT&T 3650's, as I have 3 of them. The codes, however, are different from standard DCT-4 codes. I am willing to post my IMEI's/Unlock Codes for my 3 phones if there is somebody out there that may be able to reverse engineer the codes to get the special AT&T algorithym? PM or respond if you want the codes posted.

I know that I have absolutely no idea how to reverse engineer these codes. :D But maybe someone else would be able and willing to. Hopefully whoever does it would be willing to share this freely with others. That would be nice.

From what I've read (I think), it sounds like T-Mobile is so awesome about unlocking their phones for their customers and they don't charge anything. How cool is that? Too bad AT&T isn't like that.

gyrluknouwantme
01-07-2003, 02:41 AM
deleted.

u are one step away from being banned.

no advertising outside sales area !