PDA

View Full Version : Problem !

RECO6901
22-06-2003, 04:46 AM
I'm new at this if im in the wrong place im sure you will all let me know ! I tried to unlock my nokia 3390....but it will not find my phone....And some programs timeout ! I'm running windows XP
Do I need to download any other programs to make this work...drivers etc...
Does anyone know what im doing wrong?
Please HELP !

thanks for your help !

Romeo26222
22-06-2003, 07:31 AM
Search for a program called userport in this forum and use it..

use nokia tools by rolis 1.9 and Mbus cable connected to your phone and open the program then press on "interface auto setup" button and the program should automatically detect your phone..

any way no need to search here is the programs

chunkhead
22-06-2003, 01:08 PM
@ Romeo26222:
This subject is getting tiring now!!! UserPort is for the LPT port! To unlock your phone you use your M\Fbus cable (Com)! Rolis Flasher was written for XP, so there is no need for Userport, only in Win2K!!!

@RECO6901:
Use the method as described above to unlock your phone, If still in doubt use Knok95!!!;)

mpsck
22-06-2003, 01:23 PM
i also using rolis on my laptop win xp give me problem.wen using rolis u can automatic searh for com port by pressing the ladybird.

RECO6901
22-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the help so far..... I am still having problems though! I tried running the User Port Program you had sent me but I get this message:

Driver Does Not Exist:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\UserPort.sys

Thanks for any help you can give.....

Romeo26222
22-06-2003, 03:30 PM
what kind of problem you have??? the program still not detecting your fone??

RECO6901
22-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Yes nothing is working.....not sure why...I do other programming
and it works fine.....but nothing on the phones work !....

Please help !

Romeo26222
22-06-2003, 03:36 PM
make sure that your cable is connected well to the com port 1 for exam;le and it is well connected to ypur fone...switch your fone on and use logomanager to test if the cable is working or not..
Are you sure it is Mbus cable????

RECO6901
22-06-2003, 03:43 PM
I ordered it for my 3390....says on the cable "RS-3310, M325030

It hooks to my 3390 but I have to hold it on, it will not lock to it...
With the cable hooked to my phone theres no batt. on my phone!
The phone doesn't come on...

thanks for the help...

Romeo26222
22-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by RECO6901
I ordered it for my 3390....says on the cable "RS-3310, M325030

It hooks to my 3390 but I have to hold it on, it will not lock to it...
With the cable hooked to my phone theres no batt. on my phone!
The phone doesn't come on...

thanks for the help...

Oh my god you was trying to unlock your fone while it is shuts off!!!!!!!!!

Thanh
23-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Hello :)
I think 3390 and 3310 are identical, right?
You can NOT, NEVER unlock a phone while it is off! You can insert the battery in that connector-thingy of your cable, and then insert the combination of those to into the phone, the battery contacts first, and press on the other end. It will snap in place and stay there.
Then power on the phone and punch in the PIN if required, make the phone "usable".
Then fire up your software on the computer and let it detect the phone again, it should find it now. Under XP, "user port" is not required for unlocking purpose, only for flashing the phone.
If the application still refuses to detect the phone, clean the contact pins of the cable (the ones that connect to the phone's PCB under the battery, there are four golden pins sticking out) with some alcohol or solvent stuff (perfume did it for me) and repeat the detection process.
Be sure that you select the correct COM port in the application you use! Your computer got two of them!
Someone else said it already, try Logo Manager first, it can be (trial version) downloaded for free (search google) and is fine for detecting a phone and find the settings for f-bus or m-bus.
Hope this was of help.
Your Thanh

mpsck
23-06-2003, 02:50 PM
i usually using a data cable that have a switch. so i can choose between f bus or m bus. For unlocking usually m bus.f bus for download ringtones and picture mess in logo manager. Before u start to unlock u must power on the phone first.Use the batery to hold the cable conection

RECO6901
24-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys I had no Ideal how to hook it up with the batt.
thanks for taking the time to help me !..Now let me try it !

thanks..