PDA

View Full Version : I need Help for my beloved 3310 lolz

Daywalker_07
23-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Hello people is there anyone can help me out of this thing. i want to create a flasher cable using com port instead of lpt, or if its not possibe to do it on com port send me a schematic diagram for lpt plzzzzzzzzzzz
thanx :)

Damian
23-06-2003, 11:13 AM
it isnt possible............sorry

as for the diagram, try searching the forum...

Thanh
23-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Hello :)
I was also thinking of this before... why the heck does flashing have to use the LPT port?? Is there anything a LPT port provides, that a COM port can't?
I think this is up to tjhe software programmers/writers.... As the phone offers only f-bus and m-bus, which are obviously also used by the flasher cable/box, so i think that a data cable, or at least a flasher cable which can be connected via the COM port, is well possible. Even a combined cable is possible! If only someone comes up with a flasher software that utilizes the abilities of the COM port.
Unfortunately i am not a software guy, but someone might take this challenge. I am willing to pay for that software!
Kind regards....
your Thanh

Daywalker_07
24-06-2003, 08:15 AM
Yeh ur right men lpt use signal possitive five volts same as com port but serial port much faster that parallel port, so guys who do programming we challenge you!!!

Damian
25-06-2003, 11:13 AM
sorry guys but its all down to the way the ports themselves work.

com ports work by talking then listening but dont do both at exactly the same time.

Parallel ports do, hence their name

basicly if you tried flashing on a com port it would freak out the phone (because of the stop bits) and cause the flashing to fail and possibly screw up the phone.

Alinus
25-06-2003, 06:13 PM
still...

other phones can be flashed on com port...

ericsson, trium, siemens, sony etc....

Daywalker_07
26-06-2003, 09:40 AM
so how does serial reads? as far as i know they read and listen at the same time, think about a adaptor for serial to ps2 they do the same as parrallel port like web cams it do the cycle, so may be its the phone it self....