PDA

View Full Version : nokia 6210 to 6250

Poromenos
03-06-2002, 05:18 PM
Hi guys. I'm having a bit of a problem converting my 6210 to 6250. I found a partial flash (mcu+ppm) on the net of 6250 v5.00 and flashed it onto my phone (i didn't flash an EEPROM though). It worked perfectly (by the way, 6250 is great) until I tried to make a call. It turned out that every sound that came out of the phone speaker (the earpiece, not the ringtone beeper) was a dreadfully garbled sound. The ringtones played OK, but if i pressed one of the DTMF buttons (0-9) there was a garbled beep. Also, I think the microphone reception was damaged, because the sound meter kept giving me 99 dB even when the room was quiet (yes, I had set it to the dynamic option). I flashed my normal backup back and everything is all right now.

Later, I found some other PPM and MCU files, including a PPM+MCU flash of v5.03. The 5.03 one had a wrong checksum. Is that all right? I corrected the checksum and flashed it, and I got contact service. I flashed it without correcting, "Contact Service" again. I flashed it corrected with an EEPROM dump I found (the 24 kb one, no PMM), "Contact Service" yet again. I flashed it without correcting, another "Contact Service". Some other MCUs I found were supposed to be v5.03 but they were all different from each other. The PPM files I found were not exactly 0x70000 bytes, but more, so now I am desperate. Can someone please tell me why version 5.00 did not work, or what is the EEPROM doing at address 0x5FA000? Can anyone give me a link to verified working MCUs, EEPROMs and a PPM of the "F" pachage? I know I'm being picky, but I've tried everything else. Although, I didn't rewrite the IMEI and reset the locks after each flash. Could it be that that is the fault? Nevertheless, can someone give me valid detailed links and instructions that are guaranteed to work? Even if you don't have a valid F package PPM, give me the instructions nevertheless, as I can extract them from my nonworking flash files. If you could give me the URL to a full flash, it would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Poromenos

P.S. By the way, I don't have enough memory to run the Dejan Flasher (16MB RAM), so I just read my phone from 0x5F0000 to 0x600000 and I replaced the final 0x6000 bytes in the flash I had read with the EEPROM flash I had downloaded, so that it was at address 0x5FA000. This is a nice technique, you can use it if your flasher cannot flash files less than 64 KB.

Also, is flashing dangerous? I mean, if you have backups, could your phone still be irreversibly damaged?

MUF
04-06-2002, 09:38 AM
After you flashed PPM&MCU, you missed one step: reset to factory defaults (phone type: 6250, software: KNOK or similar). That usually corrects the DTMF tones problem and sound problems in general.

Poromenos
04-06-2002, 04:26 PM
Oh, wow! Thanks, it works perfectly now! I tried to reset with the phone's factory reset function, but nokia tool was needed. Thanks a lot!