PDA

View Full Version : 3210 & BT Cellnet sim.................

Trax
04-06-2002, 04:19 PM
How can i get a BT Cellnet Sim to work on an unlocked 3210, it display's SIM REGISTRATION FAILED.Do i need to change something on the sim & how do you go about it, as i do not own a sim reader??

Sdriver^
04-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Sim Card Registration Failed is the result of two things:
1) Your sim card is damaged, and cannot register correctly.
OR;
2) The phone's IMEI number has been reported stolen to your provider ("BT CellNet" in your case), and has been blocked permanently.

The solution? Don't steal phones.

Or change the IMEI number with an M-BUS (or EEPROM) cable. Hah, ;D

Kind Regards,
Kris

Trax
04-06-2002, 06:44 PM
I may be alot of thing's ,but thief is not one of them,it's a problem a friend has, but thank's for you're input anyway :)

treazoNOKIA
09-06-2002, 09:17 PM
hi if you have a pay as u go bt cellnet sim, it may be the case that it is sim locked to the orignal phone you brought.

Trax
09-06-2002, 09:27 PM
It is a pay as you go BT Cellnet sim,so there is nothing which can be done with a sim reader ?

treazoNOKIA
10-06-2002, 01:51 AM
hi, i'm guessing that you have one of those bt cellnet sims which came with the savvy u/c12 phone or maybe another...bt started to do this to stop people using there sims with other phones. First try and see if it works in a friends unlocked phone...if you put it in and it still doesn't work or displays the sim registration failed ten the sim card has been locked. I'm not sure how to use sim readers and if they can fix the problem but i know that if you call up bt cellnet they might do it - you'll need to be firm with them and exercise your rights as one of there current customers. you can always do the 'i'll leave if......i've been with you for so and so....xyz have a better service....' etc..you get the picture. trust me they'll do it. hope that helps.

Trax
10-06-2002, 10:39 AM
Thank's for advice i will push for it then:)